Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nauvoo

We Finally took the road trip to Nauvoo this last Friday. Nate had never been before and I hadn't been there for about 8 years. I had been nervous about going with the baby because the weather has been so hot and muggy, but we lucked out. The weather could not have been better. It was the perfect day to walk around to see all the sights. Thanks to Amanda and Gavin for coming with us. They made the 3 hour car ride not seem so long. I am especially grateful they were with us on the way home cause they kept Nate awake while Cambri and I snoozed in the back seat. Cambri was a trooper! On a side note, take a look at that fat little baby. She even has a dimple on her elbow. Love it!



I would have been a horrible pioneer! I don't even like to camp without a bathroom and shower.
We also watched the pageant which was really good. Well at least the part I was able to watch. Cambri was sleeping when it started but once the music and sound came on it scared her and she had a hard time falling back asleep. Nate and I had to take turns walking her around to keep her happy.
Just thought I would show off Nate's photography skills. He likes to take pics of the scenery and he does a great job of it.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Fun! I would not make a good pioneer either. No bathroom, shower, and NO AIRCONDITIONING... The humidity does not do good things for my semi-curly hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Megs... It's Az, I just wanted to clarify something, Cambri's dimple is not such a bad thing, maybe she is just trying to take after her aunt Az(because I have that same thing on my elbow!!!)haha
I can't believe how big she is getting, she is so freakin cute and I think that you are a wonderful mommy, I love you guys and miss you very much!!!

The Morton's said...

Cambri is so adorable, I wanted to hug and kiss the computer screen cause she was on it!

B and J said...

Megan! I don't really know how I found your blog I think through someone from Morgan...but I need to know how to get an invite to Lindsey and Brian's :) I want to add them to my blog roll! It looks like you are living the good life with the kids and the marriage and the whole nine! You're adorable like always!!! Tappia's blog is linked on mine, so add us okay! Do you ever make it up to Morgan much??

~Amber jo~ said...

Don't you just love Nauvoo? We went there a couple years ago with the whole fam. It was so fun! How long did you stay there? did you see any of the plays like 'hoe-down on the Mississippi river'? that was my favorite. ps-I love cambri's head band, super cute.