Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Making an apartment feel like home...


The last few weeks have been busy. We just moved to a "new" apartment. We are now just minutes away from the school which is fantastic. We also live in a complex with about six other couples that we are good friends with. I love it! It is like being in college again. The best part about this "new" apartment is we got permission to paint the walls. You have no idea how exciting this is for me. I decided that I wanted yellow walls in our front room. Cambri's room is going to be purple but it isn't done yet. I have yet to decide what I want to paint the kitchen and bedroom (if I ever get that far). Here is a pic of the front room. Okay so it still looks like an old apartment but it is a step up from what we have been living in. I need to get curtains so it still looks a little bare but I am loving the walls!
Little Bunny's (aka Cambri) head in the corner of the couch is the cutest part of this picture:).

5 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Megan, it looks so good! I love your stuff. And the yellow walls add so much to the room. I'm getting more and more convinced that I need to bust out the paint brush.

Nikki said...

It's starting to come together. The yellow paint looks GREAT with all your stuff. I'm glad you didn't chicken out. :) Thanks for coming over last night.

Brandon and Jenn said...

I love it-- your place looks way better than any crusty college apartment we lived in. I can't wait to see Bunny's room! :)

MBurt said...

Looks so cute! Way to be brave and just do it! I have the hardest time actually deciding on a color. Cambri is getting big. Soo cute too. I love that you have a "little bunny" and I have a "little monkey".

Wayman Adventures said...

How exciting!! painting your house is always so fun. I love the color. I hope things are going good. Little Cambri is super cute.