Friday, August 22, 2008

Day trip to Minnesota...

This last Wednesday I went with a few girlsfriends to Minnesota for a day of shopping and fun. Minnesota may not seem like that intriguing of a destination until you realize that it is the home of the Mall of America. Yes it is huge! But apparently only the 10th largest mall in the world. I have to admit that although I had fun with the girls the shopping experience was a bit depressing because there I was surrounded by all of my favorite stores (including H&M) and my conscience is telling me I shouldn't be spending money--due to the fact that I no longer have a job. I did give into the 50% off sale at Carter's and bought Cambri a cute outfit. Maybe if I didn't spend all our money on baby clothes I would be able to afford a new outfit for myself every once in a while. It seems so much easier to justify spending money if it is for the baby. I can't give too much of a sob story because my closet isn't really in need of more stuff. But at that moment I felt very picked on:). The rollercoaster in the middle of the mall. The amusement park was quite impressive.
All the girls. Megan and Cambri, Nathalie, Amanda, Leilani.
Hanging out at Minnehaha Falls.
Cambri was a really great sport all day long. That is until the drive home. I do have to give her some credit considering we left our apartment at 7:30am and didn't get home until 11:30pm. She got a little sick of her carseat and just wanted to be held on our drive home. She gave the other girls her best scream and we ended up having to stop so I could calm her down. My blood pressure was up a bit cause I was so stressed about making everyone else listen to her. When she cries at home it doesn't seem so dramatic, but in the confines of the car I was a bit stressed out. All things considered she really was a good baby and I think we have a shopper on our hands in the future.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Ohhh I am jealous. I want to go up there so bad. I'm hoping to talk Jacob into it over Labor Day weekend. It sounds like you had a good time. I can totally relate to the crying thing. My anxiety always raises a few levels when my kids are screaming around other people. I don't know why because it doesn't seem to have the same effect if we are home.

The Morton's said...

You and Cambri are so beautiful! You look so happy being a mom and you can't even tell you just had a baby. Jake does that same face when he is sleeping, with his lower lip sticking out, so cute!

~Amber jo~ said...

How long of a drive is that? personally that sounds misserable, i don't like shopping at all. But that does sound fun to get together girls. girl's night is always my favorite.

Maggie said...

That sounds like a fun little trip. I know what you mean about being stressed out with a crying baby in the car. You guys are so cute and you really do look great. Love and miss you.

Nikki said...

Looks like you had a great time! I wish I could quit my job, and play with you all day. :)