Friday, February 8, 2008

Attack of the killer squirrel!



We seem to have welcomed a new buddy into our home. Or should I say he has welcomed himself despite our best efforts to scare him away. This crazy squirrel seems to be afraid of nothing. He comes and pirches himself on the railing of our deck and just hangs out. We can't leave anything on the deck or he will attack it. The other day I had a bag of planting soil out on the deck and he had his beady little eyes on it all day. He kept trying to get closer but everytime I opened the door he would back off. Once he realized I wasn't too harmful (I am pretty sure I am more afraid of him than he is of me) he seemed to have no fear at all. he came right up to the bag of dirt which was right next to our sliding door. I didn't want him to run into our house so I didn't dare open the screen door, but my yelling at him and pounding on the glass door wasn't doing the trick anymore. The two of us played a little game for five minutes before I was able to get him far enough away from the door to bring the bag of dirt in. Honestly who does little little vermit think he is? Nate has had a few run ins with the squirrel as well and it is funny to watch them battle it out. The two of them just sit there and stare eachother down until finally Nate gets the broom out and starts swatting at the little guy. But to no avail, this squirrel is smart! Or dumb because he keeps coming back. ( I think Nate is afraid of the squirrel too:)). Anyway, I had spray painted something yellow the other day and it turned some of the snow yellow. When Nate got up this morning he thought for sure it was the squirrel who had peed on the porch and he was ready for an all out brawl:)

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenn said...

When I was in high school I had a complex about squirrels. What are they always chattering about anyway? I think I'm over it now. Maybe you should give the little critter a break. He's probably pretty cold outside. Something to think about...