Monday, February 18, 2008

Almost a work of art...


When we were home for Christmas my Aunt Lezli gave me the materials I would need to make one of those large wall clocks. She had made a few of them and I thought they were fabulous so I started asking her how to do it. She ended up giving me everything I needed, THANK YOU LEZLI! I have been so excited to make the clock (I have wanted one for soooooo long!) and I just barely go the clock faced ordered so it wasn't until now that I was able to put it all together. Turns out I am not much of clock maker...the process turned into quite the ordeal. I had trouble getting the clock face to stick around the edges so I ended up trying to re-aply the glue which made a mess on the paint so I had to repaint. The paint ended up getting on the clock face. I ended up having to make the paint around the outside look textured in order to cover up some flaws. I went thru this process a few times before I finally created an ok clock. If you don't look too close you can't really tell that there are some imperfections.


Nate's reaction to it all...After looking at the clock for a day he finally said, "I think I like the clock, the more I look at it the more I think it looks ok".


I was thinking of making some of these clocks as gifts but I think I need to practice a little before I do that.


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh it's super cute!! I love all the details on it ..Megan's Clock 2008. Aren't you just Mrs. Crafty! And I love the belly pics!!

Tasha said...

Megs, you really are the most adorable pregnant lady ever! I sure miss you...