Saturday, October 6, 2012

Today was an amazingly beautiful Fall day.  I really do love this time of year here in Ohio.  It helped that we were able to enjoy the day as a family. 

  On a side note...the pumpkin scarecrow, although cute, tends to scare me when I glimpse him out of the corner of my eye through the window.  Kind of catches me off guard and for a split second makes me think there is a strange man sitting on our porch swing.  Or maybe it creeps me out that it looks like Nate has his hand on the scarecrow's leg.

My two monkeys playing in the leaves in our front yard.  

Thanks to the many big trees in our yard we will be able to play in the leaves for days.   

Tis the season for pumpkin pancakes (shaped like ghosts of course!).  We will be incorporating pumpkin into many of our recipes over the next few months.  I found a pumpkin cream cheese muffin recipe I can't wait to try.  If it is a success I will share it with you.














I will be sad when my girls are older and don't think funny shaped pancakes are the coolest thing in the world.  For now I will just enjoy that such simple things make me the coolest mom ever:).  I need something to win me points since over the last week I have turned into a tired old blob.  My very pregnant body is slowly giving out on me.  Time was passing quickly up until last week, but I think I have hit my wall.  Kind of a bummer since I have 6 more weeks to go...sigh.

Crazy to think two years ago at this time I was getting ready for bed, completely devastated that I was once again seeing my due date come and go and I was still very pregnant.  Little did I know that I would be headed to the hospital in just a few short hours.  Can't believe my Sadie Bug is turning 2 years old tomorrow!

 It just took me far too long to put this post together because my brain is so tired.  Here's to hoping the little ones sleep in tomorrow!!!  And here's to hoping we get to enjoy many more beautiful days like today.  

No comments: