Monday, October 1, 2012

Family only 5 hours away!!!!...

 About a month ago my little brother and his family moved to South Bend, Indiana for law school at Notre Dame.  This means we now live only 5 hours away from family!!!  Once upon a time 5 hours seemed like an eternity, but compared to the 27 hour trip to get home to Utah or Idaho, 5 hours is nothing.  My parents flew out to help my little brother and his family get settled in so I jumped on the opportunity to go visit while they were in town.  It was so good to see everyone.  It had been over a year which is the longest I have ever gone without seeing my parents. 
My girls loved all the attention they received from grandma and papa.  Cambri often asked me to leave the room so that I wouldn't interrupt her time with grandma:)
My little brother Alan and his wife Shana had their first baby on June 4 which means these two little monkeys share a birthday.  They bonded almost immediately.  It was really fun to see Cam want to help with and hold baby Clayson.  She is going to be a great big sister to her little brother. 
And this is the face of an almost 2 year old whose sleep schedule has been very interrupted.  Naps didn't really happen and trying to get her to go to bed in the same room as Cambri and me was quite the challenge.  Have I ever mentioned that this girl is full of spunk!?  Even with a grumpy face I just want to grab her and squeeze her.   

Except for the fact that Nate couldn't join us on this adventure (and I gained 7 lbs in 3 days) it was a fantastic way to spend the weekend.  We are hoping Alan and Shana will be able to come spend Thanksgiving with us (which means I need this baby to come out so I am not in the hospital over the holiday).  We may even make the trip back to Indiana in the near future to watch the Notre Dame/BYU football game...Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E having family so close!!!!! 

No comments: