Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Sadie Bug!!!

This little girl has me wrapped around her finger.  A little bit sassy and a lot bit sweet....Love her!!!
Sunday October 7th was Sadie's 2nd birthday.  How time went by that fast I will never know.  My baby is growing up at lightening speed.  It doesn't help that she has wanted to be a big girl since the day she was born and is the most independent kid I know.

We had been talking about it being her birthday for quite awhile.  She would get so excited and say "Sadie's birthday soon! Not Mommy's, not Daddy's, not Sissy's...Sadie's Birthday!!!"  Any mention of the word birthday and her eyes would light up.  She made it a lot of fun to celebrate.

(Yesterday was a low key day so please excuse the fact that I didn't take the time to do Sadie's hair before taking pictures).  
Sadie requested a "Nana" (aka Tiana) cake for her birthday.  I don't really know where her obsession with Tiana came from.  I don't think she has even seen the movie.  But for the last month when asked what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday she asked for a "Nana" cake. So "Nana" cake it was.
She was pretty excited about her cake which made all the effort worth it.  Although I have to admit this was one of the easier cakes I have ever made.  Especially since I was a slacker on the design/decor of the dress.  This pregnant body of mine is seriously lacking motivation to do anything these days, so the more simple the better in my opinion. 

She was also so excited to blow out her candles she didn't even wait for us to sing to her.  Within seconds of Nate lighting the candles she had them blown out.  We had to relight them so we could sing.  She sang along and got so excited.  Seriously so much fun!
In addition to Sadie's "Nana" cake, Cambri also made a "cake":).  She worked hard on it and was very proud of her creation.  The whole top of the barbie is covered with a roll of tape.  (This is what happens when I am distracted and not paying attention to what my 4 year old is up to).  I was quite proud of her cake and determination to make it work.  The blocks around the outside of the plate are "fudge pieces".  
Finger lickin' good!  

We kept the celebration very small but it was perfect.  Sadie was a happy girl.

Chocolate face and crazy hair makes for one cute birthday girl!  
Sadie got new princess sheets for her bed.  I think this was a present for me as much as it was for Sadie.  She climbs out of her bed a million times before finally falling asleep.  I am hoping these sheets make her excited to get in bed:)
Princess jammies!
Sadie also got a little doll that has clothes you can snap on and off.  It is super cute. Some friends of ours have them and Sadie and Cambri love playing with them.  Sadie was very excited to get her own dolly but has had to share it with her sister who pretty much laid claim to it within seconds of it being opened.  Cambri has promised that she will share her birthday presents with Sadie when it is her birthday:).  

I will try to describe Sadie at 2 years old in a few short words...

I have said it before but seriously this girl is an independent little stink.  She has recently acquired an ugly scream that comes out when I do something for her that she wanted to do herself.  If I put her in her bed she will cry, climb out, and then climb back in all-by-herself.  I help her do the bottom buckles up on her carseat but heaven forbid I do the top one too.  When walking down the stairs she will not hold my hand even if the step is far too big for her.  Recently she has tried to convince me that she doesn't need my help to wipe her after going potty...I am not ready to let her have that job.

Miss Sadie has to wear a skirt or dress everyday...with the exception of her pink sparkle pants.  And even those are often accompanied with a skirt on top.  If she had it her way she would wear a big frilly church dress all the time.
For some reason Sadie has turned into a momma's girl over the last few months.  I have always taken the backseat to daddy up until this point.  It makes me wonder if she can sense baby brother will bring big changes around here.

She still loves her daddy though and often asks where daddy is if he is late getting home from work.

Sadie, just like her big sister, loves puzzles and is really good at them.

She also loves to play hide-and-seek and "I spy".
 
Sadie is sure we are naming baby brother Coco.  She often gives my belly kisses and says, "Coco come out!"  She thinks my big belly is funny and indestructable.  Baby brother is going to have to be a tough kid to put up with his big sisters.
Sadie loves eating oatmeal for breakfast and treats for lunch and dinner.  She is actually a really good eater but would live off sugar if she could.  "I want a 'tweet' momma" is a common phrase around here.
Sadie talks very well for being two years old.  She jabbers all day and has the cutest little voice in the world.  I think one of my favorite words she says is "blankelet" for blanket.

Sadie takes a few minutes to wake up in the morning and likes to spend this time just lounging in her bed without being bothered.  If I can hear that she is up I will call for her, but often she will reply, "I am sleepy momma!"  If given the appropriate amount of time to wake up by herself she wakes up very happy.  Not so much the case when we are in a hurry and she has to do things on my time table.

Naps are starting to throw things off a bit these days.  Sadie still needs a nap or she can't quite make it through the day but when she does nap she has a hard time falling asleep at night.  She and I spend lots of quality time together late at night.

Sadie's best buddy is Ruby.  They are the cutest little friends and always give hugs when they see each other.
Sadie refers to herself as Sadie Buggie and it is the cutest thing in the whole world.  It makes me glad that we changed her name the first month of her life.  I still think Hadley is a cute name but this little girl of mine is a Sadie Bug through and through.

Although it is almost 10:30pm right this very moment Sadie is still up and currently trying to move the kitchen chairs so she can climb up on the counters and get a cup for a drink.  Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough so she is taking matters into her own hands.  


A little reminiscing via photos of the last two years...


It is hard to believe she really was that small once upon a time.
I love those little lips and fingers.  Nothing more precious!!!
Just a few days old.
Pictures of Nate cuddling my babies are my favorite cause they look so small compared to him.
 
I know I am missing a few months of pics here but I can't seem to find them right now.  I will update them later...
 
Summer 2011.  Oh how I love her chunky arms!

 Christmas 2011
(14 months old)

 May 2012
 June 2012


 Summer 2012
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE SADIE BUGGIE!!!!
Aren't my girls beautiful?!
  

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Beautiful girls. Happy Birthday! Fun to read all about her:) time flies.

MBurt said...

They really are beautiful. Beautiful as babies too. I think this little boy is going to be gorgeous too. How fun to have her 2. They are going to love their little brother.