Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Hit the Wall...

This pregnancy has gone by fairly quickly for the most part, at least weeks 20-30 went quick, but today I woke up and found no motivation to accomplish anything.  I made up my mind that I was okay if I didn't get out of my pjs all day.  I certainly had no care in the world to clean the house or touch the laundry.  It kind of feels like time has stopped moving...it is going to be a long 4 weeks.  Prior to hitting my wall I was the nesting queen.  I suppose I burned myself out.  My poor bladder can't take much more.  I spend a crazy amount of time in the bathroom, and I won't be surprised if I end up peeing my pants at some point.  I definitely have the prego waddle going on and I know my belly looks like it is going to explode.  There are a few ladies that work at the YMCA with me that feel the need to remind me on a daily basis just how large and in charge I am.  Thankfully I have a few good friends who lie to me and tell me my belly looks cute and small:). I have been able to keep teaching my classes at the gym and hope to teach up until this baby comes out.  I am tired whether or not I exercise so I figure I better keep moving or I may park my rear on the couch and never move again.  Although I can still do kickboxing, step, and cycling I can't walk or run without bringing on a spell of contractions.

 Despite all the aches and pains my body is experiencing I am so grateful for this little boy growing inside of me.  I love feeling him move around and I am getting so anxious to see and hold him for the first time.  I am curious if he will look just like his sisters or if he will have his own look.  And I can't wait to use all the cute little boy clothes I have been given as gifts or hand-me-downs.  I have loved the girl world, but am looking forward to experiencing life with a little boy too.  I feel super blessed for having such a sweet little family. 

We are still undecided about what our little guy will be named.  Most the names I have come up with have been shot down by Nate.  We do have a couple that we both like so we shall see what the final verdict is.  We seem to like to wait until we see the baby to make up our minds.  I have to admit that boy names are much harder to come up with. 

I did have a sleepless night with my Sadie bug the other day.  She finally went down at 4:30am and Cambri woke up at 8am...I sure hope that baby brother is a good sleeper cause I am too old for that stuff. 

Let the countdown begin!!!

3 comments:

sarita said...

Oh Megan, you are at the bitter end---hang in there! Thinking of the day my older children were born always helps me get through those last difficult weeks.

Good luck naming him! Ryan is just like Nate--shooting down all the boy names I would suggest. He is much pickier about what his boys are named than he was with Madelyn.

Trent and Julie said...

Hang in there--you are still so amazing---At that point in my pregnancy I'm absolutely sure that if I did a kickboxing class I would have peed my pants!! I think of you often and wish we were closer!! I also thought of you when I joined the YMCA last week and exercise is an outlet I need and love. I would totally love going to your classes!! Miss and Love you!!

Unknown said...

Hi Megan,
It's been a while since I've read your blog and your little family is so cute.

I loved the post about your Mom. I feel lucky to have a few good memories about her...once I had to go to bowling league with my mom for some reason. While I was there your Mom braided my hair in a fishtail braid and I had never felt so beautiful. I think about her everytime I see a fishtail braid. Aren't small memories amazing how something that simple can have such a huge impact on your life?

Hang in there! I hope I look half as awesome as you when I am pregnant one day. xoxo