Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enjoying the Present Moment...

 Just because she is cute:)

Sometimes I find myself making the comments, "I can't wait until..." or "It will be so much easier when..." or "When residency is over we will finally be able to..."

You get the idea.

After listening to an amazing general conference talk by President Uchtdorf (Worth reading over and over!) I was very much reminded how I need to relish in the beauty of each and every day.  And it is true, so much happens in my day that I have to be grateful for.  If I don't take time to stop and appreciate the precious moments I will miss out on the cute things my kids do and the funny things they say.  We have had some funny conversations as of late...

After asking Cambri if she was ready for her lunch she says to me, "In a minute mom.  I need to finish coloring my picture.  I can't do both things at once.  I am NOT superwoman."

She may or may not have heard me say this to her a time or two:).

Sadie loves to play a game where she will line a bunch of toys up on the tv stand and then say, "Want momma?"  I then tell her I want noodles or cookies or milk....She will give me something and say again, "Want momma?"  After doing this a few times I told her I wanted to go to bed and she promptly replied, "Noooooooooo" and laughed.  

Sadie has never been the best sleeper and lately her nap has been making it so she doesn't go to bed at night until 10 or 11pm.  She and I have been spending a lot of quality time together at night.  As much as I wish I had my alone time before going to bed it has been fun to enjoy some one on one time with her.  

A couple days ago Cambri said to me- "Mom I can't wait to be a mom when I get bigger."
Me- "Being a mom is pretty cool.  Guess why I love being a mom?"
C- "Because you love us so much."
C- "Mom I love you more than spaghetti and cookies"
M- "Wow that is a lot.  Do you love me more than pumpkin rolls?"
C- (after a long pause)..."I really love pumpkin rolls."

I don't blame the girl, pumpkin rolls are delicious.

Cambri came to me holding one of her babies.  She says to me, "Mom my baby was just born."
Me- "She is so cute!"
C- "I went to the store and looked down and my belly wasn't big anymore.  I looked over on the couch and my baby was just laying there!"
C- "Sometimes she would push on my bladder and make me have to go to the bathroom all the time."

She has obviously picked up on my many, many, many trips to the bathroom throughout the day.  

Helping daddy build a table in the garage.
 
The other thing I know I need to be better at is making time for my husband and making sure we spend quality time together.  Sometimes after a long day we are both exhausted and it is easy to neglect our relationship.  Nate leaves the house by 5:30 every morning and his return time is always a mystery.  When he gets home the girls are all over him.  We have to be very deliberate about planning our date nights or it is easy to let them pass by the wayside.  Never ever do I want him to feel like he isn't important to me.  

I love my little family and know I am so blessed to have them.

Be sure to check out the following post too.  Lots of cute Halloween pics:)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm not going to lie, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I get to see you guys. :)