Friday, July 13, 2012

The Little Things...

(Don't be fooled, Sadie has her eyes closed because of the flash and Cambri is pretending to be sleeping.  2 seconds after taking this picture a cat fight broke out:) It was cute while it lasted.)

Because these are the little things that my day are made of....

Last night I when I was getting ready to say prayers I heard Cambri get up to go potty. Normally I will let her take care of business and head back to bed on her own. For some reason I felt compelled to go say hi and tuck her back in. When I went in the bathroom she stood there with a blank face (obviously half asleep) and said "mom I don't know how to do it". I realized at that point she made it to the potty but didn't pull her undies down. Her little bum was soaked:). After getting her cleaned up she went right back to sleep and remembered nothing of it in the morning.

The last few nights Cambri has cried out for me because she was scared. It has been around 4:30am both times. Last night she wanted her glow worm to cuddle. Both nights while laying next to Cam until she fell back asleep I could hear Sadie in her bed talking. Last night she kept saying shovel over and over.  She wasn't crying so I just let her talk and she eventually fell back asleep. If this keeps up when baby brother gets here we may just all be up partying at 4 in the morning.  I bet you are jealous.

 Today after making cookies with Cambri I told her I needed to sit down cause my feet hurt. When she asked why I told her because being pregnant makes my feet hurt and then said, "being pregnant is hard huh?" Her response caught me off guard when she said, "how do u get pregnant?" I told her you have to be old and married. Luckily that worked and she was distracted by something else. I have a feeling she and I are going to have the birds and the bees talk far before I am ready:).

We ended the day going furniture shopping. We need a couch for the front room badly.  Half our house is still empty and it is driving Nate crazy.  We can't afford what I really want so I would prefer to leave it empty.  Sometimes I am a little high maintenance. Sadie and Cambri ran around the store like wild animals. They tried out every couch in the store. Eventually a game of tag started. It ended quickly when Cam tagged poor Sadie so hard she flew half way across the store. We left the store with both girls in tears.  Lucky for me I had to head to the church for a Young Women's activity so Nate was left to deal with the drama. 

It may not be exciting but I love my life:)

No comments: