Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is high in the middle and round on both ends?....


OHIO!

I know that is totally cheesy, but it is what I think of every time I hear the word Ohio. I think I learned it back in grade school. Anyway, it is official that we will be moving to Massillon Ohio in June for Nate to start a residency program in orthopedic surgery. Getting into an ortho program isn't easy so I am very proud of Nate for working so hard and enduring through the process. At times it seemed like med school was so long and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Now I can't believe graduation is just around the corner and we will be moving onto our next adventure.

I don't really know much about where we are moving other than it is about 2 hours from where we use to live and they bread huge football players. This is the high school football stadium-
We will head out to Ohio the week before graduation to house hunt. I am more than excited to finally be buying our first home. At least I hope it works out that way. I am already designing what I want the girls' rooms to look like and I can't wait to be able to paint the walls. No more sterile white walls!!!
I am a little nervous about the whole idea of moving to a new place where I won't know anyone. We will be there for 5 years so I hope we can find our place and feel comfortable calling it home.
I am excited that we will live within 6-8 hours of a lot of cool places- Chicago, D.C., New York, Boston, etc. Since we will have 5 years we best be exploring a lot!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

We are so excited for you guys.

sarita said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys! Our match is in a little over three weeks...can't wait!

MBurt said...

Bittersweet I must admit! I am pumped that you have a plan and can move forward but wish you were closer. Don't worry I had to think hard about your title. I was thinking about the shape of the state, the location, and other possibilities, totally missing the spelling. Duh! :)
Maybe I can really come visit since you'll be there so long. I would love that. Congrats to Nate (and you) for the hard work and getting in. I'm excited for you!

Ashley said...

YEA FOR MATCHING!!! I totally forgot the DO match is in February--shows where my mind is I guess because last year I was counting down!! What a fun and exciting time!!!

Did yall ever know the Udinks? They were a year ahead of us in med school - so two years ahead of yall. Anyways, we met in DSM, and they moved to Massilon for their last two years of school, and moved into our ward in Columbus for residency. Crazy, but bottom line is If you want contact info from someone who's lived there, let me know!!

Love ya!! Congrats again!! Go Nate! Make millions to help poor pediatrics Logan feed our family!! haha ;)

Kari said...

Congratulations to you guys!! That is so exciting, I'm glad the match wait is over... that is the worst! Wow, orthopedics too, way to go Nate! I hope you find a house you love and everything works out!

Diana Caffee said...

HURRAY!!! Let's plan a road trip shall we?

p.s. I won't be in Utah until mid June :( Sad, I won't get to see you. Good luck with the move and congrats to Nate.

sam and brittney said...

Congrats you guys! Soo exciting!

Maggie said...

Congrats. That is super fun! What a relief to know where you'll be. I am sure you'll have all kinds of fun making plans :). I sure miss you.

H said...

How exciting! It's so nice to know where you'll be for the next few years, and you'll be about 3 and a half hours from me!!

Erica said...

Congrats! How exciting to finally know where you will be spending the next 5 years! We've been to Massilon once or twice (visiting the Udink's that Ashley mentioned) seems like a pretty good place to be.