Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cross Country Skiing

Last Thursday Nate was able to take a day off from work so we headed up to Herriman State Park to Xcountry ski and then spend the night at the cabin in Island Park. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about taking our kiddos skiing. Good thing Nate had vision because it worked out perfectly. Cams loved riding in her sled and seeing the swans that were out on the river. But most of all she loved her yummy hot chocolate we drank when we stopped to watch the swans. If you ask her is she had fun she says yes and then proceeds to tell the story of how mommy crashed. I guess it is already time to get use to harrassment from my children. I carried Sadie in a chest carrier and she slept the whole time. If we get another sunny day we just might do it again. Nate pulling Cam. We just used a normal sled and made a make shift harness and it worked wonderful.
Yummy hot chocolate!
Sadie bug and I dressed in our pink snow outfits.
I am not always the biggest fan of snow activities. I don't enjoy being cold so I usually put up a stink about going to play in the snow. I am glad I have a husband that pushes it or I would probably be a hermit all winter. And in the end I always enjoy myself. Guess I need to stop being such a wuss and get out more often. If it weren't for Nate I would never have gone xcountry skiing or snowboarding. Turns out I love both of them. Thanks hubby. Maybe one day I can convince him that shopping is fun:).






No comments: