Sunday, September 6, 2009

What we have been up to...

...and pretty much a blog full of pictures of Cambri.


We have worked hard (at least Nate has) and we have played hard these last few weeks. Last weekend we took a day trip to Kirtland, Ohio to visit some of the Mormon church history sites. It is only about 90 minutes east of us so it makes for an easy getaway. Honestly Kirtland is amazing. There is so much church history there. I love being able to see all of these places in real life. Sure makes me appreciate the sacrafices that were made when the church was first organized. Makes me realize how blessed we are today.


This is in front of the Kirtland temple. Will someone please tell Nate that his shorts are funny looking. He bought them for a costume party a few years back and now he wears them all the time.

A senior missionary couple took us on our tour through all the sites and they were amazing. Luckily for us there was only one other couple in the group because Cams was a monster. She is just so loud...pretty sure she inherited that from the Rencher side.


Here she is trying to break all of the antique furniture used to decorate.



And here she is playing peek-a-boo with me while the rest of the crowd was learning about something cool. Note to self- don't bring a crazy 15 month old along when site seeing. She did have fun exploring but I think I need to go back to Kirtland without the babes so that I can get more out of the tour.


Our next stop was the beach...again. We love it here.


I just love those chubby little legs!



Yesterday we tried out the Toledo zoo and it was a success. We pretty much go to zoos because Nate loves them, but this time around Cams loved it. She growled and clapped for every animal. We actually had so much fun we decided to buy a membership. So it looks like we will be spending lots of time at the zoo. Does that make me lame that I have a season pass to the zoo:)?



I want to smooch that face! Both of them!


Her newest obsession...noses. And yes she is figuring out how fun it is to put her finger in her nose.


Like I said we played hard.


Now that I have completely dedicated this entry to Cambri I will share some new recipes that I have tried recently. I found them delicious so I thought you might enjoy.










There you have it...pictures of Cami and recipes. Intersperse a few sewing projects and that is pretty much what my life consists of right now. I kind of like the low key life I lead. It leaves a lot of time for visitors:)

4 comments:

Diana said...

Your blog looks so cute, I love the new background. We loved Kirtland last time we went. We went with the youth in our stake for youth conference... I bet Cambri was better than they were :) I love seeing pictures of you cute family. Thanks for all of your sweet comments on my blog. I love you Megs.

Nikki said...

I love all the pics of the fam! The zoo looks fun... let's go when I come see you... very SOON! Oh, and I know you don't want to hear this, but I like Nate's shorts. :) That is, if I'm getting a true idea of what they look like from the pictures. :)

The Morton's said...

I LOVE THE ZOO!!! Ang and I went to Hogle when I was in Utah and I was so jealous that she got a season pass. Cam is such a cutie, I think she is looking a lot like Nate.

Becky said...

I want to see some of your latest sewing projects. I'm jealous. I simply haven't had spare time for anything other than house cleaning lately. Booo.