Thursday, August 27, 2009

Making Ohio Feel Like Home...

So here it is...our home in Sandusky. I was going to share more pictures but after I saw the pics I realized that my apartment still looks rather blah and I need to get some color going on before I share. I made the curtains, which I am not sure I like to admit, makes me feel kind of insecure. And after starring at the picture I am now determined to camouflage the white walls (I totally had to look up how to spell camouflage. I would have lost the spelling bee with that word). At least the house looks clean...I am standing where all the toys were pushed so I could take this picture:) We have tried to explore as much as we can when Nate is not working. Plus we have been told the winters here are rather long and cold...boring pretty much. So we have been making the most of every minute while we can. Which means lots of time at the beach. Here is our cute little family.
Here we are enjoying a little demolition derby action. I grew up going to these (should I admit that?). But Nate had never been to one. You have to love the white trash that gathers at these types of events:)

Cams has grown up so much.

This picture was taken just outside our apartment. We live in a big complex so the streets are calm and it is perfect for playing.







7 comments:

shells said...

Megs! I found you .. and I am adding your link to my blog .. I hope you dont mind.

AND .. I can't believe how big your baby is getting! She is SO darling!

Nikki said...

Where do I start? First of all, your curtains are fabulous. And I love your picture wall, and oh my, you have light coming into your apt unlike the basement of 4220. I love it all. Next, demolition derby? Really?!?! Got to take it back to our roots every now and again. Lastly, she IS getting big, and even cuter and I see the strawberry color in her hair. You guys look happy. Makes me happy.

Nikki said...

One more thing? I recognize the fabric in her tank top. You made it, didn't you? Good job, friend!

Matt and Erin said...

I love your picture wall, too! And I grew up going to Derbys, too. Loved it! We miss you guys!

Maggie said...

You guys are so cute. I'm glad you are loving Ohio. Keep having fun before it starts to freeze. Oh... and great job on the curtains- they look beautiful.

MBurt said...

Cambri really is growing up. I can't decide who she looks like right now. As for you, you look great as always. Hey could you email me your new address to rindaburt@gmail.com Thanks!

The Morton's said...

I love Cambri in those little jeans. She looks like a little girl now. Your apartment looks way cute!