Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting use to it...

...I am not going to complain too much. Mostly because I know many of you have experienced far worse. Nate is in the 2nd week of his Internal Medicine rotation. He works at the hospital and his schedule is 7am-7pm everyday. With some days starting earlier or ending later. And only 4 days off the whole month. I am not use to him being gone this much. I was lucky to have him around a lot during the first 2 years of school. He often studied from home. But now he is a working man and I don't hear from or see him ever. Last night when he got home Cambri was so excited. She wanted nothing to do with me. Apparently we both miss him.

Everyone says this whole medical school thing will be worth it...I sure hope so!

6 comments:

Billy and Nathalie said...

Wish we still lived in the same state so that we could hang out when our hubbies are gone.
I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. It's just hard to see that now. It stinks!

Cassie said...

oh that is terrible! Mitch had Internal med last month. It wasn't too terrible, he was home around 630 but he did get weekends off, that sucks Nate only gets 4 days off, poor guy! Mitch is doing ER right now and LOVEs it, he only has to work 40 hours a week and can pick his schedule so he is doing 4 10 hour days. It has been nice. I wish all rotations would be like that! Maybe Nate's next rotation won't be as bad.

The Morton's said...

I feel for you. For 6 weeks last year Jason had the same schedule. I hated it. Thank goodness it changed or I would have had to be institutionalized. Good thing med school does eventually pay off...but I think his hours will be the same if not worse though right? Good thing you will have lots of kids to keep you company;)

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

sorry. i should be better at calling you and coming over. I do nothing all day but clean and putsy projects so lets hang out more. Warning: I am getting pretty lazy. :)

sam and brittney said...

Hang in there!! It will be so worth it-at least that is what we have to tell ourselves or we will go crazy!

Kari said...

Hey Megan! Great to see your blog and what you guys have been up to in Ohio!

Sorry this rotation has been so bad. I remember Internal Med being the longest hours Nate ever had. But there are lots better rotations than that!

Cambri is sure getting big and what a cutie! You are a great mom!