Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Was a Success...minus the turkey:)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Ours was wonderful! We are so lucky to have so many great friends in Des Moines to spend time with. It made it much easier to be away from home and family. We did first eat lunch up at the university. They put on a great meal and it was nice to have someone else do all the work. But the real fun came when a group of our friends came over to our place to munch on some more food and play games. We all brought food so that we could gorge once again and take leftovers home. The food was so good! Yes the turkey was two hours late and a little dry, but a little gravy made it all edible:). It was my first turkey and quite the learning experience for me. I tried making a 21 pound turkey. A little hefty for my first attempt. Pretty sure the middle wasn't quite thawed when I put it in the oven. I thought it was until I reached my hand in to get all the giblets out. It did look pretty which should count for something.

Nate and Cambri helping me get ready for dinner.


We just did dinner buffet style. The clear dish in front was some yummy dessert that Nathalie made and I am pretty sure I ate at least half of it. But then again I ate half of everything else on the table too:).

Looks like we need to get a bigger place.

I made everyone do a Thankful Turkey.



Nate and Caleb's true colors shining through.

(The lighting in this picture makes my walls look horrible).

Now it is time to start feeling the Christmas Spirit. Only 17 days until we go home!

6 comments:

sarita said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time, and all of the food looks so delicious in the picture! I'm sad we didn't make it, but by the time we got home that night, the kids were pooped, so we decided to put them to bed instead.

Merry Christmas!!

Kelly said...

We had a great time. Thanks again for the invite. By the way, we ate the turkey the next night for dinner and we all that it was delicious!!!

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

caleb and I loved it. Thanks for hosting that big dinner/feast. The turkey was good, I don't know what you are talking about. Anyway, i am excited for christmas. How did your wreath turn out?

Maggie said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I'm impressed that you attempted a turkey. You are my hero! I also like your thankful turkey. Cute!

Nikki said...

I, too, enjoy all of your posts. Mostly because I just plain enjoy YOU! Looks like a fabulous time!!! I'm sorry I missed it. You are always an amazing hostess. Cambri looks as long as a toddler in that picture with Nate. Can't wait to come see all your cute Christmas decorations.

jamesncassie said...

Thanks for hosting- it was really fun! By the way I love all your Christmas decorations. I just wish Evan could have entertained himself as well as Cambri does! He just gets grumpy with big groups. Oh well. Thanks again!