Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thought I would share...


I am always on the search for new recipes that aren't too crazy, but still a little different than my usual menu. I got this recipe from the Rachael Ray Show. It is just a turkey meatloaf but you put apples, celery and stuffing in it. And you serve it with apple cider gravy. It turned out so yummy! It does make a ton so if you aren't feeding many you may want to cut it in 1/2. Otherwise you are going to have to get really creative with left over meatloaf.
Turkey and Stuffing Meatloaf
2 McIntosh or Gala apples, peeled and cut into small dice
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 lbs. ground turkey
3-4 ribs celery finely chopped
1 med onion finely chopped
1 TBSP poultry seasoning
1 large egg
Salt and Pepper
2 cups chx stock
2 cups stuffing mix
1 TBSP olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In large bowl add apples and lemon juice and toss. Add turkey, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, egg, salt and pepper.
3. In medium bowl add stock and the stuffing. Toss around and let stuffing soak up the liquid. Then add to bowl with turkey.
4. Shape into loaf or use bread pan. Coat with olive oil.
5. Bake about 1 hour.
Apple Cider Gravy
4 TBSP Butter
4 TBSP Flour
2 cups apple cider
2 cups chx stock
salt and pepper
Melt butter. Stir in flour, cook 1 min. Then whisk in cider and stock. Let thicken and season.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think I could try this. Jacob always asks me to make meatloaf but I have this issue with hamburger. I think I could stand this version. Thanks for sharing.

sarita said...

I love new recipes! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it.

The Morton's said...

I made this last night, Jason loved it and its better than any meat loaf I have had!

Trent and Julie said...

Hey Meg!

I'll start checking out your blog too! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving too-- Your little girl is adorable. I'm so excited to see you at Christmas!! Lots of love,
Julie Landon