Friday, November 16, 2007

Searching for Sympathy...

I am pretty sure that all women who have experienced the so called "morning sickness" of pregnancy would agree that the term is actually a mockery. A more accurate term would be 24/7 sickness. I know I shouldn't complain because I haven't experienced the joys of throwing up, but there have been close calls. I was feeling much better, but for the last three days that dreadful feeling has returned. I just want to crawl under a blanket and sleep for hours. But I am not even sure that would work because I have yet to sleep through the night without getting up 2 or 3 times to go to the bathroom. Poor Nate gets woken up everytime. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be once I get bigger.



Also thanks to hormones...

I have always been pretty good at crying, but over the last few weeks the flood gates have been opened. It is to the point where I will cry at a cheesy commercial. What gets me the most these days is "The Biggest Loser". When the kicked off contestant goes home and they talk about how much weight they have lost and how much progress they have made I turn into a fountain of tears. I guess I just feel so proud of their success:). Extreme Makeover Home Edition usually tugs at those heart strings as well. Last night when I was having a particularly hard night I had to cancel an aerobics class I was supposed to team teach. I called the other instructor to let her know I wouldn't be there and after getting off the phone I just sat there and cried. I was so frustrated that my body wasn't letting me do the things I wanted to do. Nate is good to me and just let me snuggle with him until I fell asleep. Luckily today isn't such a dramatic day and everything is going to be okay:)

I am still thrilled to be pregnant and know this will all be worth it. My dad thinks I am having a girl and has already started throwing out some names. For the most part his suggestions are pretty good, but of course he likes to throw out such ideas as Monkey. For those of you who know my dad that shouldn't come as a suprise to you.





Now time for me to brag... Nate got a 98% on his Cell Biology test this week!!! He works so hard to get good grades and the hard work is definitely paying off. He consistently pulls A's on his tests. I am very impressed with his dedication. He is no longer okay with anything less than 94% on any tests. He has at least 1 or 2 tests a week so this isn't an easy task. I am a very proud wife!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I'm glad that somebody else cries at the Biggest Loser. You are not alone. I totally wanted sympathy when I was pregnant with Gracie and totally think that pregnant women deserve to be babied. When I was first pregnant with Gracie I saw a parking spot at Harmon's reserved for expecting mothers. At first I thought it was over the top and then I started parking there every time I went to the store and loved it.
Just remember that you are lucky to have a good excuse to be crying at sappy commercials. Love ya.
P.S. Smart Hubby.

The Morton's said...

I can totally sympathize! I get evening sickness instead of morning sickness and I have been pretty emotional myself. This lady at work said something to me in the wrong way and out came the ocean of tears. With that said however there is no greater joy than knowing we are going to be mothers!

Diana said...

Oh Megs, just wait till you get bigger, the bathroom thing just gets so much worse. The other day I sneezed and peed my pants. Ben laughed so hard at me, but I can't help it. I swear my bladder has shrunk to the size of a pea. Oh yeah, I cried tonight watching the Princess Diaries on the Disney Channel. You are not alone!

ATWOOD said...

Oh my cute cousin!...I REALLY feel for you. Everyone says that "you forget" the joys of pregnancy...at the moment they are all too vivid in my mind and I'm afraid that Ethan is destined to be my only child :-) Okay maybe not...but the good new's is labor is nothing compared to the nine months preceeding it :-) But...it's definately worth it & I'm SOOOO excited for you!

Love you Heaps!! - Kelli

MBurt said...

Oh Meg I have to say that it is so much fun and so worth it! The nausea wasn't that bad for me, not that I didn't have it but I've done my share of throwing up as you know (no I'm not bulemic) so no big deal! Just make sure you are taking care of yourself. I found that the more tired I got the sicker I got so get plenty of sleep, especially if you are emotionally exhausted. Don't be frustrated with your body because it is freaking amazing that it is capable of making a baby. So be gentle to yourself and back off the aerobics. Okay enough lecturing. I am happy for you. Tell Nate hi and congrats!

Martha said...

Sorry you're not feeling so great. Like Marinda said, it's so worth it though. Even though Marian's almost a year old, I still am scared to get pregnant again because I still remember it too well. But then I look at Marian and how it's the greatest thing in the world being a mom and am willing to do it again. Anyway, feel free to baby yourself--you need it!