Friday, November 9, 2007

Murder Mystery Dinner Party...




Some friends of ours put together a super fun murder mystery party last weekend. Everyone totally dressed and played their parts. Nate was supposed to be a comedy writer that dressed avant-garde. We had to google avant-garde to figure out what it even meant. It still didn't make a lot of sense so Nate just dressed in whatever cool stuff he could find at the Salvation Army. I was told to dress as a talk show host that was definitely not skinny. I too found my sweet pink suit coat at the Salvation Army. Nate's cousin (Logan) is the one dressed as a gay guy. Weirdness must run in the Rencher family. I fear our children have no hope of being normal:)

The highlight of the night was the fabulous dinner. Everyone that came pitched in and it turned out delicious. I was in charge of making homemade rolls because I finally found a bread recipe that I can't screw up...or at least I thought. I woke up at 6:00am to make the dough because I had to go to a group exercise training all day long and wouldn't have time to make them later. I left Nate with the instructions on how to finish up for me. I called Nate mid-way through the day to find out if the rolls turned out. His response, "They look more like biscuits than rolls". They still tasted fine so we took them to the party anyway. I don't think anyone really cared about the rolls because we had delicious chocolate crepes for dessert. It is times like this that I use the "I am eating for two excuse", and without hesitation I ate it all!

The friends we have made out here are wonderful and I feel very blessed! Nate has a lot of good friends from school and I have found a great group of girls to hang out with when the boys are studying late. We really are living the good life.




1 comment:

Ashley said...

haha, i LOVE your pink blouse. And I need some more of your Rolls..will you PLEASE teach me soon!!
And how embarrasing of Logan...bless him for being him, and me for being married to him. hahah.