Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Welcome to Iowa!





Just thought you might like to know what we have been up to since we have been gone...


You haven't experienced Iowa until you have experienced to Iowa state fair. We were informed prior to moving out here that we were going to make it in time for the Iowa state fair, and that we had to go to it. Especially to see the cow made out of butter. So despite the unbelievably hot, humid, sticky weather we made the trek. The deep fried twinkies were DELICIOUS! Next year I want to try the deep fried Snickers and Ding Dong. It really was worth the trip, and I have posted a few pics so that you too can experience true Iowa fun:).

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yea Meg! Now I might actually keep in better touch with you! I feel like although you have been my sister-in-law for the past 6 1/2 years, I never talk to you! I'm glad we get to catch up over Thanksgiving!

MBurt said...

I'm pretty sure that Twinkies are disgusting plain and then you deep fried it... hmmm that might just be against the law. Does Lindsay's comment about Thanksgiving mean you are coming home??? I hope so, and if you I better see you and baby! P.S. watch the mail.

Diana said...

HURRAY!!! I love blogging. It helps me feel so much more connected to my friends that I never see. You are beautiful and I miss you!!!

jrench said...

GRRRR!!! just wrote this beautiful comment to make you all cry and miss me. Two paragraphs of poignant and concise prose. Apparently I had to create an account first so it all get erased. You missed out big-time. Love all and congrats!!
Jarem and Fam

Maggie said...

Meg, you guys are so stinkin' cute. I love your blog. your look like your are having fun. You should put one of those baby tickers on your blog to tell people when your baby is due (couldn't tell what the site name is- I think babystrology or something). Love and kisses, Mags

Jen and Ty said...

I am so happy you have a blog! Iowa sure looks like quite the place. You and Nate look so cute in that picture and I am glad you are happy!