Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Halloween itself was a rather lame day. Nate had a big test on Thursday he had to cram for so Wednesday night at about 10:00 p.m. I think we both finally realized it was Halloween. I didn't even buy any Halloween candy which is quite a sham. We did get a chance to celebrate prior to Halloween though so we weren't complete losers. We had a few friends over to our little apartment for a pumpkin carving party. It is always fun to tell people around here what my plans are for the weekend. The fact that we were carving pumpkins without children, and it had nothing to do with alcohol, seemed to be a little weird to most. I tried my best to be a good hostess. I made a yummy chip dip (which was a hit), mummy cupcakes (unfortunately not everyone could tell what they were supposed to be), and chocolate fondue (which was a complete flop). We bought a fondue set at a garage sale, and apparently there was a reason the previous owners were trying to get rid of it. All in all we had fun.

A little about our pumpkins...we bought them at a place called Pumpkin World. We were surrounded by pumpkins, and Nate thought he had died and gone to heaven. The place had little red wagons to put your pumpkins in as you shopped around, which Nate loved. I wish I had a picture of his happy little face. We wanted to buy one of the huge pumpkins that I could barely pick up until we realized it would cost around $15.00-20.00 so we opted for the smaller sizes and bought one for me, Nate, and the baby.

We did get to go to a Murder Mystery Dinner a few days after Halloween but I don't have the pics transferred to my computer yet so the details will have to wait for another day.

2 comments:

MBurt said...

Wow, your hair is super long! I love that your did a pumpkin for the baby, that's cute! Our pumpkins are still on our porch uncarved. Oh well!

Trish said...

How fun having the pumpkin carving party :) Now you know how me and Tom feel when we tell people we don't drink. They can't quite figure that out.