Friday, November 9, 2007

3 jobs in 3 months...

Not bad if you ask me:). I am not necessarily proud of my track record but each job keeps getting better and better so I am okay with it. I started working as a personal trainer at Aspen Athletic. I knew I didn't want to do it, but for some reason I got pressured into it (the fact I was desparate for a job didn't help). That job sucked! It is pretty much a sales job, and I am the world's worst sales person ever. There were days where I would cry the whole way home after a long day of nothing. A little over a month ago I was hired on with Allied/Nationwide insurance doing corporate wellness. Similar to what I was doing back at American Express. I took a pay cut, but thought it would be better than working the PT job and hating my life everyday. About a week ago I received an offer from the group fitness director at Aspen to be her assistant, with the plan to take over her job part-time in February. I will also be teaching a bunch of different group exercise classes (BodyJam, BodyPump, Spinning, TurboKick, Step and my personal favorite SilverSneakers). Pretty much I will work 1/2 as much and make more money than I am currently making. I decided I would be crazy to not take the job. I put in my two weeks today at Allied (was scared out of my mind, and a little embarressed). I will also be doing some in-home personal training (which I love!). I think it is going to be perfect. Hopefully I can stick this one out! The more I quit the easier it gets, plus I get to celebrate everytime I get a new and better job:).

It is a good thing my wonderful husband is putting in the hard work to be a doctor. If it were up to me to support the family we would be doomed. I will gladly accept my new and upcoming role as mom! I hope I will be much more successful at that job.

Much Love!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Congrats on your new job. I love your baby ticker :) My only wish is that you lived in st. george so you could be my in home personal trainer. I guess I can only wish. You make a great fat talkshow host. Too silly. Love ya.

Martha said...

Tucky, I just found your blog and it's so fun to hear some updates. How are you feeling? I must agree that I'm glad husbands are in charge of being diligent breadwinners. The few years we work while they are in school teaches us how great they are. I work about 12 hours a week but there's no way I could do it full-time.

Chantell O said...

Hi I just read your pos and if your interested in making money on your blog for free check out my blog Nchantress News at http://www.nchantressnews.blogspot.com