Sunday, May 29, 2011

Introducing Dr. Rencher!...

I feel it necessary to take a moment to brag about my amazing husband. After 4 crazy years of adventures full of many highs and a few lows Nate is officially a doctor! I am so proud of him. He worked hard to get to this point and endured a lot of stress I know I wouldn't have been able to handle. I am one proud wifey. Doesn't he look so important in this pic?!


We have been in Des Moines since Wednesday evening. We have been going non-stop and the week was chaotic to say the least. It has been amazing to see all our friends we haven't seen for awhile. No doubt we have been blessed to have wonderful friends through this journey. I am sad to say good-bye. It makes me feel homesick. I am getting teary-eyed as I type. The last 4 years have been good to us.

Our week in review...


On our way to Des Moines-
The girls did great. Traveling with Nate made flying with children seem like a breeze. I think I need to send Nate on an airplane ride with the kids all by himself so he knows it isn't always this easy:).

Friday night we had a banquet that was lots of fun. Yummy food too. Here are some of my favorite people. Not all our friends are in this picture but these are definitely a few of the girls I am so grateful to have in my life.
(Kelly Pluid, Erin Pitcher, Jenni Racker, Nikki Hook, Me, Annie Pinegar)


And here are the doctor husbands:)-

(Caleb Pinegar, Jacob Pluid, Nick Racker, Matt Pitcher, Nate aka my sexy husband:)


One of my most favorite people in the whole entire world. The rest of the Rencher clan is pretty fond of her too...

The beautiful Nikki Hook. Doesn't she have amazing hair? I seriously adore her. Sadly she is going to be staying in Iowa although I am trying my best to convince her to move to Ohio. I am not sure I have persuaded her yet but I will keep trying.

Now I am full on crying. I love this girl. We had to say goodbye to her already when we moved to Ohio the 1st time and I am not looking forward to saying goodbye again. Lucky for me she is coming to Hawaii with us so I don't have to say goodbye for a bit.


This is how you keep kids entertained and quiet during a 3 hour graduation...

Cam played with my phone the whole time. It is amazing that she already knows how to use it.
FYI- get a babysitter for these kinds of events. Even though the kids were good it made it impossible to just enjoy the day. I will remember that for the next 3 hour graduation I plan to attend:).

And the rest of the crew-


This picture is deceiving with all the empty chairs. There were millions of people there, we just chose to sit where the kids had a little more room to run around. Cam's cool headband is to help keep the earphones in her ears. I wish I could take credit for the idea but it was all Nate on that one.

Dr. Rencher and Dr. Pinegar feeling pretty special. These 2 boys decided they would attempt to run to the school to take pics in their gowns. It resulted in them being the only 2 people to NOT pick up their diplomas because by the time they got back the diploma people were gone. So although they are officially doctors they have nothing to prove it yet. Typical of these 2 monkeys.



The Rencher and Pinegar clan...



We tried to get pictures with more people but it was mass chaos going on. Trying to find someone was like trying to find a needle in the haystack. It was actually kind of sad cause we were hoping to say goodbye to some of our friends that we may never see again. Oh how I hate goodbyes.


One proud wife!...


And our VERY cute family...


Crazy to think we started this journey sans kids.



Unfortunately Nate's parents weren't able to make it to graduation. Their flight was delayed which made it so they would miss their connecting flight and there were no other flights going to Des Moines or anywhere near it that would get them to Des Moines in time for graduation. They were going to hop in the car and start driving but even that wouldn't get them there in time. We missed them and were sad they weren't there but luckily Janelle (Nate's Sis) was there to represent. She drove all the way from Kentucky (10 hours!!!) with an almost 2 year old and a very pregnant belly to be with us. I am so glad she came. She was a life saver. Thanks Nell, Spenc and baby sis! We love you!



Next-

Fly back to Utah, drop the kids off with babysitters, fly to Hawaii for one glorious week, pack up for Ohio and start the next 5 years of our lives!!!!!









4 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats you guys!!! What an incredible feeling to have reached the point you have been working so hard for. And you have a DARLING little family!

The Morton's said...

You are the cutest family ever!!!!! Congrats to Nate!!!!!!

Nikki said...

Now I'm crying! I love you and the rest of your family. Find me a job and I'm there. :) So excited for Hawaii and super proud of Dr. Rencher too! I've never been friends with a real doctor before. :)

Cassie said...

so bummed we didn't see you guys! I looked and looked for you at all the events. Oh well....we will be seeing you soon in our eastern adventures!