Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yummy Recipes

Just in case you are looking for some yummy new recipes I thought I would share a few. I know I love it when others share successful dinner ideas.

Curry Chicken and Rice

1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Med Onion (cut any way you like to eat them. I diced mine)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 can (12-14oz) unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup diced tomatoes (I used fresh but I suppose you could use canned)
2 TBSP tomato paste
1 lb chicken, 1 inch cubes
3 cups fresh baby spinach (I chopped it up)

1. Heat oil and add onions and salt, cook til soft. add curry powder, cook and stir 1 min.

2. Stir in Coconut milk, tomatoes, and paste. Cook 5 minutes

3. Add chicken and cook til chicken is done, stir in spinach and cook 3 min.

Salt and Pepper to taste
Serve over rice

Yummy!

Lettuce Wraps

1 lb ground turkey
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp ginger

Brown the meat and season with the rest of the ingredients

Saute whatever veggies you want. I used-

Shredded carrots
radishes
peas
onions
broccoli
edemame

Dipping sauce-

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
3 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 TBSP garlic
1 TBSP ginger
1 tsp sugar

Serve it all in a lettuce wrap. This one was a huge hit. I served it with this recipe from my friend's blog. Thanks Sara!

2 comments:

sarita said...

You are welcome! And thanks so much for the other recipes! I especially can't wait to try the curry!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Lettuce wraps are my favorite! Lets play next week for sure, ill call you soon.