Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Updates

Come May 31st we will be enjoying this beautiful view! Instead of a cruise we opted to try out the Big Island of Hawaii. And I am soooooo excited! If any of you have ever been to the Big Island and have any fun ideas as to what we should do please share.



As for the p90x workout...

Enough people wanted to know what I thought so here is a quick run down-

I just officially started this last Monday but I did a few of the dvds last week too. In my opinion if I do the workouts to my best ability and try to eat healthy I should see some good results. The workouts are tough and no nonsense. It is definitely not geared toward the beginner although you can modify the workout to fit any fitness level. I am a fan thus far. It is a nice/sad reminder of how weak my muscles have become. The Chest and Back workout consists of a million push-ups and pull-ups. I for sure have to opt for the modification on the pull-ups. I have never been good at those things even when I was in shape.

I am only using exercise bands instead of weights. They work great. I haven't done the leg workout yet so I don't know if you have to have weights for that. I would probably prefer weights but they don't pack well and our car was already to capacity on our way here. And I am pretty sure we have doubled what we brought in toys alone from Chistmas.

The Plyometrics workout is a killer. And so is the ab workout. I don't love the Kenpo dvd. Its kickboxing stuff. It is a good workout but it very repetitious and I get bored with that stuff. I have some turbokick dvds from when I was teaching that I will substitute on those days. Today I will be doing the yoga workout and I am excited to try it out.

I would recommend this workout routine to anyone. I don't think its the one and only perfect way to get in shape but I think its a good way to do it. I would suggest doing it with someone. That way you have someone to push you and compete with. I can't talk Nate into doing it with me so I am going alone.

This is more than you probably cared to know. But I like to ramble:). Now it is time to go take a shower before the day is half over.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

When I saw this picture in my reader I wanted to squeal with delight! Hawaii here we come!

Ashley said...

Hawaii yes please! I'm SO glad y'all are getting to go a graduation trip!!! Where are you staying?? Are y'all going just the two of you or with a big group? I'm already counting down for our Residency graduation trip - and I'm thinking at this rate, a trip around the world for a month would be excellent ;)

How long are y'all in Idaho for?? We're headed back to UT in March - and ID isn't that far away... ;)

Maggie said...

So excited for your planned trip to Hawaii (and teensy weensy bit jealous). Sounds like you are having all kinds of fun doing p90x. Good luck.

The Corner of Inn and Sane said...

So glad that you're enjoying it!! I sent the schedule/routine to your email address. The yoga workout is killer, huh?!! I found that by the time the right angle pose came around, I was shaking and sweating so badly that I couldn't get through it half the time. I hope that you enjoy it, and I sure do miss your classes. They were fun, energetic, and results oriented. Miss you!!

Angela and Jim said...

We are going to Mexico in may. We have the p90x DVDs and I've thought about doing them. I just want to look like you did in your last Hawaii trip pictures. I know I won't ever look like that but I'd at least like to be a little more in shape. Any pointers? Oh and where do you get the bands from?