Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome Summer!

Today I bought some strawberries from the grocery store. Let me tell you, they were so delicious! I love Summer and all the yummy fruits and veggies...so fresh! The scrumptous strawberries brought back so many wonderful summer memories. Funny how food will do that. There is truly nothing like Summer. It is about this time of the year that I fall in love with Iowa again. The long cold winter is rough on my spirits and I am pretty sure that Iowa is the worst place on earth. (I felt the same way about living in Utah during the winter...I was meant to live in Hawaii or something). But once the sun decides to shine and the green trees return I realize Iowa really is amazing. I will have to post some pictures of just how pretty it is here.
So here is my tribute to strawberries for making me so happy today!
So many amazing options. I am thinking the chocolate covered strawberries might be the winner!












I think I just might have to learn how to make homeade strawberry jam.
Yeah for SUMMER!
Now go eat some delicious fruit!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love how you turned all your options into such healthy choices. They all look delicious but I think the chocolate covered strawberries would win me over too! If you want help make strawberry jam I would be happy to volunteer. It is really easy and I need to make some anyway.

Nikki said...

I'm going to go with the strawberry icecream! That is what wins me over. :) Iowa is a decent place, huh?!?!

Nikki said...

P.S. I'm inviting myself over when you and Kelly make jam. :)

The Morton's said...

I Love the summer too!!! I am so much happier when the sun is shining and everyone seems to be in better spirits too. LOVE the summer watermelon and picnics and water activities! BTW, Ang has a great strawberry jam recipe!

Everett said...

I hope you ate all of that and didn't let Bush have any! How was beautiful Cambri's bday? I can't believe she is walking. Tell her no fair teaching Rhee when you are here!

Mathis and Kari said...

Oh I love those pictures!! It made my mouth water :) I love strawberries so much!! Yeah for Summer!!