Monday, June 15, 2009

Living in Chaos...

I only have 8 more days as an official Iowa resident. Honestly I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I can't decide how I feel about it. There are a lot of things that I will miss so much and it breaks my heart to think of the goodbyes. But it is exciting to know that Nate will be starting his 3rd year of med school. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know I can't complain because I am not the one in the library 24/7 studying for boards (the test that determines our future basially). Truly he studies at least 12 hours a day. But I am the one at home with the baby on a Saturday night with nothing better to do than watch House Bunny (or should I say no motivation to do anything more than watch a stupid movie). Needless to say I am looking forward to having a month of no school or work and all play.

Since Nate is studying around the clock my job is to pack our apartment. I do as much as I can while the little one sleeps. Pretty much I have turned our place upside down and we are living in a mess of boxes. Of course once the packing starts so does all the purging. That is one thing I love about moving...you can get rid of all the junk. How does so much junk build up so fast? We move every year so you think we could keep it at a minimum. Oh that is right, I am married to a Rencher. Which means we hold on to everything. Even if it has seen better days. The beauty of it is I am doing the packing so I get to sneak the junk into the throw away pile and Nate won't notice it is gone until it is too late:)

I must embrace chaos because that seems to be the way I roll. We will be packing all our stuff into a storage unit this Saturday. Cambri and I fly to Utah or my little brother's wedding the following Wednesday. Nate will take his test on the 27th of this month and then drive home to meet us. We then get to enjoy a month of play with family and friends before we make the incredibly long trek back to Iowa to pack everything in the UHaul. And on we go another 10 hours to our new home, Sandusky Ohio.

Life is an adventure!

8 comments:

Mathis and Kari said...

Oh Meg, I don't envy you at all. I complain when my husband is just at work until 7:30 at night when he could be home at 5. I'm such a baby. Maybe I should be easier on him. It could be worse heh? I am way excited for you to start another adventure though, and I can't wait to read about it. Can't wait to see you at the wedding. :)

Nikki said...

I have been dreading this post! Life is an adventure, indeed.

Unknown said...

I thought House Bunny was pretty cute but I do know what you mean about a husband who is gone studying a lot. Good Luck in Ohio.

Matt and Erin said...

It makes me sad just thinking about you guys not being in Iowa anymore! :( Ohio will be lucky to get you though. If you need any help packing, let me know.

Amy said...

Oh Meg! I hate living out of boxes too! I hate the chaos...because there is enough in life already. Hang in there! Before you know it your hubby will be done. Have a good time in Utah and play hard! Good luck!

MBurt said...

I am excited to see you soon. Jealous of the time off, and together that you will have. I feel like I am about to enter chaos when this baby comes. I guess any major change feels that way. Did you go into labor on your own or were you induced 4 days over. I think I've been having contractions but nothing painful. I love how over the top you went on Cambri birthday party. She is a doll. Still not much hair, huh? Just hearing about your "junk" makes me cringe to know how much we've collected since we have lived in this house for almost 5 years. I don't look forward to the day I have to face it! Anyway, I'll talk/see you soon. Rin

kdance said...

Wow, you guys are moving already??? Crazy! Good luck with the move. I can't believe Cambri is a year old! Time flies. She's darling!

Jen and Ty said...

I wish I was going to be in Utah so I could see you and cute Cambri. We aren't heading back there until August! I really would love to talk to you though! We need to catch up sometime. It sounds like your life has been super busy.