Friday, June 5, 2009

Birthday Girl...

Yesterday was Cambri's birthday. And yes the past year has gone by so fast. Crazy to think that last year we were hanging out in the hospital with a newborn while there was a tornado warning (code black in hospital terms) going on.
It is hard to believe I have a baby that is not really a baby anymore. This little girl is the best thing in the world. She makes being mom so easy and entertaining.
I had lots of fun putting together a little princess party for her. I hope she appreciates the pictures one day. Lots of friends and family spoiled her and made it such a special day for us. Thank you so much!
I think she looks so big and old in this picture.

Looking like her daddy more and more each day. Although I did pull out a baby pic of me the other day and it looks just like Cambri. This picture makes me want to give her smooches all over.
Cambri's princess cake. Suprisingly she was a very dainty cake eater. Not usually the case when there is food in front of her. We took video of her eating the cake so I don't have any still shots of it.

The rest of us enjoyed yummy cupcakes.

As of her birthday eve she started walking. She has been so close for so long but has been very timid. I guess she found the courage because she now takes about 6 steps before taking a dive into your arms. But it is still only when she wants to do it.

Cambri with Aunt Nikki. The little one LOVES Aunt Nikki. Probably because she knows she can get what she wants from her. And she is constantly spoiling her with cute clothes from Baby Gap. Thanks to Nikki, Cambri has style.Today we sported the new swimsuit that Liz gave her for her bday. Love the hula skirt!

Cambri actually hated playing in the cold water and sand. I guess we are all girl. Her buddy Mark found it very fun to eat the dirt and splash in the water. We will have to work on making Cambri a little tougher.
I am looking forward to another year of fun. Seriously this girl just keeps getting more fun every day. Oh and I think we can officially say that momma is her first word. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

10 comments:

Mathis and Kari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMBRI! It's crazy how fast they grow huh? Well I can't wait to see you soon. Loved the pictures of her birthday. You are very talented meg :)

Diana said...

Aww, she is such a pretty little princess. Happy Birthday Cambri! Good job on the cute party Megs. I love the cake with the Tiara :) So Cute! Are you going to be in Utah at all this summer? I will be there from June 16 - July 5 just in case you might be there. I would love to see you.

Mark and Aupreille said...

Thanks for inviting us to the party, her tutu and cake were so darling it was making me very excited for when Teairsa will turn 1.

I love the swimsuit/hula skirt combo that Cambri received and it looks even cuter on her!

Cassie said...

so crazy our babies are one this month! I can't believe it! Happy bday to Cambri!

Angela and Jim said...

So cute!!! I had forgotten that her and Jake are only 2 days apart. I love her tutu! Did you make it? I'd love for you to teach me how. And the cake was way cute. Happy B-day Cambri!

The Morton's said...

SO FUN!! Her cake is darling!!!!! I am so proud of her for walking too!!! We love you Cambri!

~Amber jo~ said...

Holy cow! she is so big! i can't believe how much she has grown! i haven't been on here for while. she is a doll! happy birthday cutie!

Nikki said...

I love these pictures and I love this girl! A LOT!

P.S. You throw a good party, mama.

Trent and Julie said...

So adorable--Happy B-day to Cambri!

Love and miss you!!

Cassie said...

Hey Megan to answer your question about the photographer her link is on my blog called fleetingfootprints and on that blog is her email, you can contact her about pics. She is starting up a business so I am not sure how much she charges exactly. Last photoshot we did cost 20 and took only 45 min. She is quick and good! Good luck!