Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holding back the tears...

unfortunately it isn't working. I actually did really well until I started typing this blog entry. Now I can barely see the screen as I type.

The whole goodbye situation doesn't feel real yet because I am excited to go home to Utah and we will be back in Des Moines for a few days to pick up our stuff before heading to Ohio. I am sure there will be no stopping the tears at that point.

When I really think about it all, I hate it. I love my friends here in Iowa. I don't want to have to start all over again. I tried to talk a few of them into moving out to Sandusky with me. Apparently they weren't very persuaded by the idea:)

I fly out of here at 11:45am tomorrow. Wow...were did the time go. The extreme heat index the last few days is making it easier to leave. Remember how I said this place wasn't that bad just a few weeks ago...I was tricked. Iowa has two really pretty weeks in the Spring and Fall that make this place seem close to heaven. But it is all just a trick. The rest of the year is miserable. Somehow all the people here are really nice and happy...go figure. It must be those few weeks and wonderful people that have made me fall in love with Iowa. I will miss it.

I will do a better tribute to Iowa later when I get some pictures. For now I will just say Thank you to everyone that made the last two years ones that I will remember and cherish forever. Despite my complaints about the weather, this place provided a lot of great memories.

Good bye Iowa.

8 comments:

The Morton's said...

I know exactly how you feel. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Virginia, there was SO much to do, we had great weather year round, it was a gorgeous area, loved the beach, loved my doctor, and had incredible memories! Hopefully our next moves will bring us just as much happiness!

Mark and Aupreille said...

I am going to miss you and hope your time in Ohio will be wonderful!

Cassie said...

oh megan sad! I am sad you guys are leaving! It was one thing saying bye when you moved out of our ward because we still got to occasionally see you guys! But now that will be so sad that it will be a long time until we see eachother again. We will both probably have another kid by then! Good luck in Ohio!!!

Nikki said...

yeah, i'm crying. just so you know. i love you, my forever friend.

Angela and Jim said...

Your so lucky to have such wonderful memories and wonderful friends. Those are things you'll never forget. I hope your move goes okay and I'm excited to hopefully see you in UT.

sarita said...

I am so glad I got to know you a little bit over the past couple of years---I will miss seeing you guys!

I passed Nate in the hall today and it made me miss you even more!

I know you will love Ohio and hopefully we can keep in touch through email and blogs!

Billy and Nathalie said...

It makes me sad to think that you're moving away. :( I am going to miss you sooooo much! We'll for sure have to keep in touch. :)

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Good luck, you will do great but i think the older we get change is harder. If you come this way and have time call me!!