Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I woke up looking like death...

A few weeks ago I came down with a very nasty bug. Felt super sick and wanted to die. I don't know exactly what I had...swollen tonsils, killer headache, fever of 103 degrees, and horrible night sweats. About the night sweats...it was a particularly rough night, I think I changed my soaking wet clothes (yes from sweat) 2 or 3 times that night. My hair was even wet. I had to get a towel and put it down on the sheets because they were soaked and I didn't want to wake Nate up to change them. I know that may be way to much info. Needless to say I didn't get the best sleep that night. I had some hydrocodone, but even that wasn't doing the trick.

The long sleepless night took its toll on me. When I took a peak at myself in the mirror the next morning I seriously looked like I had been slapped with the ugly stick. It as kin of scary. And I am not even being dramatic. It was a really rough night. My hair is sort of wavy and when it gets wet it goes really frizzy. So when I woke up it was EVERYWHERE. And huge. Seriously ugly. On top of this I had major black circles under my eyes and I am pretty sure my face was swollen. And since I hadn't been feeling very well I don't think I had cleaned up the eyebrows for a bit. Paints a cute picture right? I am not much of a sleeping beauty anyway, but I truly woke up looking like death had knocked on my door.

It was serious motivation to shower, do my hair and put makeup on...even if I felt yucky.

Too see the silver lining in all of this I am really glad that I don't usually look quite that bad in the morning. If I did I would feel really bad for Nate. It would be like waking up to a nightmare every morning.

I have been wanting to change my look and this all gave me the motivation to do it. So...I cut bangs. Yes I totally went back to the blunt bangs. Just like I had in 8th grade. (Except this time I think it is a little more stylish...I hope) And guess what- I LOVE it! It does make me look younger, which may or may not be a good thing. I don't have a picture yet. But I will get one up soon. Think Reese Witherspoon or Kate Hudson.

So here is to no more deathly looking mornings!:)

7 comments:

The Robinson Bunch said...

oh my gosh I would have never of known that you looked like death :), because you looked stunningly fabulous at the "favorite things party"....your new do, is so incredibly cute! and you did look quite stylish! I totally want some bangs now, because of you! glad your feeling better

Nikki said...

You always look beautiful. I love your bangs.

Liz said...

I love your bangs. You are a beautiful woman, I wish you had taken a picture of yourself when you woke up looking like death. That would be fun.

Becky said...

I am sorry to hear you were sick--I was also sick for a while (2 weeks!). However, I didn't have the fever and stuff. I wish I was as brave as you to try a new hair-do. I am soooo sick of the bob and similar versions. I think I want to grow it out, but I need a cute style! I can't wait to see a picture. I am sure you look beautiful as usual.

The Morton's said...

My goodness did you have the Swine Flu?! Luckily you only looked like death once in your life, I wake up looking like DEATH every morning, SERIOUSLY!!! Thank goodness for make-up!!!

MBurt said...

Da! I want to see a picture. I hate being sick as a mom. Our poor kids don't know what to do with a sick mom laying around. I hope you are feeling better!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Ha, i cut bangs last week too and i feel like i look 16 again. How funny. I really like them though. Cant wait to see pics, i will try and post some as well. Hope you are feeling better, mb it is the pregnancy bug!!