Thursday, February 5, 2009

Need your Support...


...I have made the decision to run one of the local races here in Des Moines. Problem is it is a 20K and I am sure I have NEVER run that far in my life. In fact I don't really enjoy running. So why am I doing it?...just to say I did it. No other reason. I know many of you have run marathons so a 20k is nothing. I am pretty sure I will NEVER run a marathon. It doesn't even tempt me and if it does I just have to go run a mile and I am reminded that there is no way I can repeat that 25 more times.


I share my new goal with you because I know that if I don't make it a public announcement I won't do it. I need someone to check up on me every once in a while to make sure I am still on top of things. So good luck to me. And if anyone wants to join me the race is Saturday May 30. You can check it our here.


7 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Way to be, Megan! I want to do that race, too. So count me in! If you ever want to go running together, I am all for that. There's an organized running group that runs together on Saturday mornings to train for longer races. It's called Capital Striders. Here's the link to their website. http://www.capitalstriders.org/ I'm going to check it out this Saturday, so if you ever want to come, let me know and I can give you a ride.

Jaylynn said...

Hey good luck with that race girl! It was fun to see you guys over New Years and your sweet little girl! She is adorable! I also love your family pic at the top of your blog!

Nikki said...

I KNOW you can do it! As always, you inspire me. :)

Becky said...

Hey--lofty goal! I have actually been toying with running a 1/2 marathon in the fall. I finally just joined a gym 2 weeks ago after 2 years of inactivity. It sure does feel good to sweat! I love it. Anyway, I am determined to get a hard body again some day. Wish me luck. I don't know if I'm going to make my 1/2 marathon aspiration public yet though--too much to live up to. I have to test the waters first. Good luck!

Mathis and Kari said...

You are my inspiration! I have always wanted to do that too. I don't even run a single mile, but it has been something I want to do. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll have to start training back here with ya. We can help push each other even though we don't live by each other. I'll look into a marathon here around that same time :) You go girl!!!

Chrissy Jo said...

wow! I think I want to do this. Thanks for the heads up on this! I've been looking for something like this so I would have a goal to work towards. By the way, cute blog, Megan. I love your family photo.

Chrissy

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Way to go Megan, it i lived closer i would do it with you!