Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sandusky Here We Come!


After A LOT of deliberation and waiting we finally found out Friday that we indeed are moving to Sandusky, Ohio. There is a picture below to give you and idea as to where this place is because if you are like me I had no idea it even exsisted until now. We are very excited, although we really wish it was a warmer destination.




It is a small town, about 30,000, but only an hour away from both Toledo and Cleavland. I have to admit I am a little nervous about moving to a smaller place. I have done some research on-line to see if there will be job opportunities like I have now and it doesn't seem likely. I don't make a ton of money but I do make enough to pay the bills so that we don't have to live off loan money. That may not be the case next year. Gotta love student debt! And lots of it! The other thing that makes me nervous is I have never not worked. I am not sure how I will handle being home all day. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with Cambri, and wouldn't want it any other way, but it is nice to have and hour or two a day to get out and do my own thing. Cambri either stays home with Nate or plays in the daycare while I teach so it has worked out perfect.


The great part about it all is we are going to be moving with some of our good friends from Iowa- Annie and Caleb, Jenni and Nick and Liz. It will be nice to have friends from day one.



And rent there is really cheap...I think. The hope is to get a 3 bedroom apartment so that we have room for visitors. And yes you will want to visit! Here are a few highlights to intice you...





1. Sandusky is the #1 tourist attraction in Ohio.





2. Home to Cedar Point the largest roller coaster park in the USA (maybe even in the world).


You can check out the website-http://www.cedarpoint.com/




3. For you fellow church members Kirtland is only about 1.5 hours away.



4. Niagra Falls is just over 4 hours away.




5. "The New Rating Guide to Life in America's Small Cities" has chosen Sandusky as the sixth best small city in America in a comparison of 193 U.S. "micropolitan" areas (cities with 15,000-50,000 residents).




6. Lots of fun outdoor activites especially since it is right on the water.



7. And of course it will be home to Me, Nate and baby Cambri. The best reason to come visit:).



The thriving downtown district:) Cute though don't you think?



You know you want to!!!





I may be motivated to pick up running if this is my scenery.


I will do more research to find fun things to do. So start planning you vacation to Ohio:)!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay for you guys!!! I'm happy that you got what you wanted and know that it will be great for you. I think the three of you are awesome and will have lots of friends in no time. I know we'll keep in touch. Friends forever?!?! Definitely.

Wayman Adventures said...

Yay to knowing where you are going. That is nice. Erica Bill is there as well while her husband is finishing up med school. How exciting to have a new adventure. Good luck!

Maggie said...

That looks like such a fun place to live. I'd be so happy if I got to come and visit you. how soon do you move again?

The Morton's said...

Fun! I love roller coasters! Even though its a small town it looks really cute and nice. We still need to chat.

Mathis and Kari said...

I can't believe those roller coasters! That made me want to come visit for sure :) Oh and maybe see you too! :)

Allison Harris said...

Yeah I'm excited for you! MOstly because we will get to see you a lot more, and we are totally selfish that way. :) It really is beautiful here, when there's not snow, but every other time its gorgeous! And there are parks galore like you would not believe, that bottom picture is totally what we live in. You'll be an hour away from us so we're excited! :)

sam and brittney said...

Looks like a great place! Wish you were moving to TX though! So how does that worl-does des moines have a campus in ohio?

Ashley said...

So glad y'all got what you wanted...how exciting!

Michelle and Adrian Murray said...

THAT IS EXCITING...it is nice to be able to plan now I would think...i am trying to update my blog but I didn't know how to sign in...silly i know...so I thought I would say hi while I figured out my stuff....after ohio where are you living...i think we should live in the same place!!!!

Joe and Samantha Vickers said...

More adventures for the Rencher Family!!!
Sam