Thursday, January 15, 2009

The decision has been made...


We have known for a long time that we were going to have to make the decision to either stay in Iowa for Nate's 3rd and 4th year of school or move to Ohio. If any of you know Nate you know that he is not the best decision maker in the world. Let us just say he is a little afraid of committment. So although we had pretty much made up our minds as to where we would be spending the next 2 years, the final decision wasn't made until 30 minutes prior to the deadline. So here is to another adventure......Ohio here we come! We won't know what city until the end of the month. The options are Dayton, Colombus, Sandusky, Toledo and Cleavland. I really wish that we had the option to move somewhere just a little warmer (I am just asking for temps above zero degrees), but beggers can't be choosers.


It does make me a little nervous that we are moving further from Utah and Idaho. That makes for one LONG drive home for the holidays! The goal is to eventually make it back closer to the West coast but that doesn't seem to be an option for the time.


I am actually very excited for the new adventure. I have loved being here in Iowa, but I feel ready to experience a new place. I do want to say that we have been VERY blessed with great friends and I can only hope that we find something similar in Ohio.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

YEAH FOR OHIO!!!!! I am so so excited y'all are moving closer!! It's totally sad leaving behind a place you love with awesome friends, but so exciting to experience new places and meet new people too!! When do you find out what city? Next week right??

Bytheway love the pics of you and Cambri!

Ashley said...

ok..just kidding...i just read @ the end of the month! duh!

Anonymous said...

MEGAN! Brad's family lives about 45minutes from both Colombus and Dayton!!!! We're about 6 hours aways from both and we go there at least 5 times a year -- does this mean I get to hang out with you and meet your little girl, please?! I'm excited for your new adventure! Love ya!

Allison Harris said...

CLEVELAND CLEVELAND CLEVELAND! It does have Cleveland Clinic, I don't know what that means but I'm sure its good. I'm excited you guys will be a little closer, we can all get together for holidays when we're ALL stuck in the muck in Ohio! Cambri is really really really cute by the way! but I'm sure you already knew that. :)

MBurt said...

Rip off! I am going to be the one who is not thrilled with the move across the country. I know it will be lots of fun and certainly an experience you will look back on and treasure but still... OHIO? I guess it's time we took a little church history tour and came to visit. At least you know for sure now and can move forward with that.

The Morton's said...

Between the two of us, we move A LOT!!! I love the North East, you'll have to play lots while you are up there.

Megan Ford said...

Sandusky has Cedar Point, one of the very best amusement parks in the world. It has something like 6-7 of the world's top ten best roller coasters! That is my vote. We will have to visit!

Becky said...

Moving again huh? I don't envy you--I get nervous any time I even think about packing up all of our stuff the day we move. I have a brother and sister who live in Cleveland right now. They like it--for the most part. The winter's are kind of gloomy, but I went in the fall and it was gorgeous. Good luck on the decision and move.

Kelly said...

We will miss you guys!

Brandon and Jenn said...

Mark and Kat are in Michigan. You guys are moving to Ohio. It looks like Brandon and I were the only ones to escape the snow. Best of luck. I hope you don't have to move until the spring.

Angela and Jim said...

Toledo has a great zoo! I went there with my sister, maybe I can come visit you next time I'm out there.
I'd love to see you & Cambri