Monday, October 6, 2008

Rugby Scars...

This would be one reason why I was scared to have Nate play rugby... I can't get the picture to go the right way but you get the idea. Nate played rugby this last Saturday. I told him he shouldn't because he had so much homework. He promised he would only play the first half and be back in an hour. At 2:30 he calls me and says "We have to go to the hospital". This sends my imagination running. Obviously he isn't dying since I am talking to him on the phone, but the word hospital leaves me feeling nervous. Not to down play his battle wound but I told him next time to please say "I think I need stitches". Maybe not as dramatic, but better for my nerves. Luckily there was a clinic open til 4:00 which saved us from hanging out at the ER all day. The injury ended up requiring 18 stitches.
Just because this picture is much cuter to look at than the first one:)








9 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

Ah poor Nate. It is kind of funny that you had intuition to tell him not to go...should have listened to the wife.:) Sometimes we speak the truth and Cambri is darling! Oh and about the falling asleep...please no I feel bad for staying sooo long. Thanks for letting me stay. And it didn't bother me AT all.

Ashley said...

Oh man, that's gotta hurt!!! Poor Nate! Nothing like a nice subtle place for stiches right? How did it happen? Glad he's relatively okay though. And Cambri doesn't hold much competition when it comes to cute things to look at. =) Especially in this case.

I secretly hope our boys, if we have any, want to play ping pong as sports one day. Or chess. Otherwise I might have to wrap them up in bubble wrap before letting them venture outside. Especially if they get my graceful attributes. There will be no hope for them! =) Miss you!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Oh boy that makes me ill just looking at it. If he would have only followed your intuition and stayed home to study!! I love the pictue below of Cambri, ohhh she is going to be a heartbreaker.

Matt and Erin said...

Ouch! Looks like that hurt. And Cambri is so cute and is much more enjoyable to look at.

Maggie said...

What a great story. At least he came back alive, right? Cambri is so stinkin' cute. She is growing up so fast.

The Nelson's said...

I didn't know you too well in high school... but I ran across your page and oh my goodness... your little girl is adorable. She makes the cutest expressions in some of the pictures. How old is she?

~Amber jo~ said...

ouch, hope he's doing okay. Men and their sports, i don't understand it. oh well, boys will be boys.

Daren and Shay said...

Cambri is the cutest thing we've ever seen! She takes after her uncle Daren ;) Tell Nate to toughen up next time. We love you guys!