Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Windy City...

Nate and I took a little weekend trip with Matt and Erin Pitcher (friend's from school) to Chicago last Thursday-Sunday for the end part of Spring Break. We really wanted to go somewhere warmer, but all the warm places were too far away. So instead we picked a colder place than Des Moines, Iowa. It was a fun trip and it felt nice to get away, but I think if I ever go back to Chicago I will make sure it is in the Spring or Summer. This is the City Skyline from Navy Pier. Nate took this picture on Thursday afternoon when the weather was actually pretty nice. This would be the skyline on day 2 of our adventure. It was a blizzard all day long. Apparently the airport was shut down the whole day because it was so bad outside. We spent most of the day doing inside activities.
Yummy famous deep dish Chicago Pizza. I have to admit this was one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten. The thing was massive! Nate didn't want to get his picture taken which would explain the angry face.
We stopped in for some dessert at this diner that Liz (another friend from school) had recommended. The place is known for providing poor service. In fact our waiter warned us at the begginning of our meal that the service was a little unorthodox, and not to be offended. It has got to be a great place to be a server because you would get to say all the things you wish you could say to your costomers at any other restaraunt. Since we only got dessert (cheapest thing on the menu) our serve decided to bring some attention to us. He dimmed the lights and out came this spot light. The four of us sat there like idiots while our server proceeded to tell everyone in the restaraunt that we were the 4 cheapest people he knew. It was funny and embarressing. The picture of me is hideous but I like telling the stories with pictures and this is all I had.
We rounded out the trip with a visit to Blue Man Group. Have you ever seen them...? Kind of weird if you ask me. It was very entertaining I must admit. The trip was a blast and I wish we could have stayed a little longer. But back to life it is!

I am still anxious to take off to somewhere warm. Especially since it is snowing again today here in Iowa. Oh well, one day!

No comments: