Tuesday, March 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I only highlight my birthday because I want to make sure that my wonderful husband gets a little of the credit he deserves. To say the least he spoiled me all day long. I woke up to an itinerary taped to the door. He had our whole day planned out hour by hour. And I was not allowed to do any chores of any kind all day long.


We started off with breakfast, which was homemade by Nate. We gorged on French toast fritters, scrambled eggs, hash browns, strawberries, pineapple and orange juice. It was yummy!!!

Next we tried to play a little tennis. Unfortunately all the tennis courts were covered with snow. We ended up taking a walk around Gray’s Lake. Nate wanted to make it more of a jog, but my bladder didn’t like that idea much. The weather was amazing, which in and of itself was a great birthday present. It felt so good to be outside and not freeze. When we came back home Nate gave me the best massage ever. I beg him everyday to rub my shoulders and feet. I know he doesn’t like to do it so it was a great present for him to spend a good half and hour treating me like royalty. We just relaxed together until it was time to go to dinner. We tried out this fabulous restaurant that one of my friends recommended called Trostel’s Dish. http://www.dishtrostels.com/index.html. It is a fun, trendy place that serves smaller appetizers instead of bigger main dishes. The food was amazing! We even splurged and ordered strawberry daiquiris that were yummy too! I definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a fun special place to eat out.

We saved dessert for home because Nate made the best chocolate cake with Oreo ice cream in the middle, chocolate frosting, and strawberries. I had no idea Nate was so talented in the kitchen. Trust me, it tasted as good as it looks.

I was also spoiled by many presents, phone calls and text messages from friends and family all day long. Thanks to everyone for making me feel special!

4 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

So glad you had a great birthday! Thanks for posting about this. Matt's birthday's coming up and I need all the good ideas I can get!

musson said...

What a fun birthday!!! And that cake... don't even get me started on that cake. I think you need to post the recipe to this cake. :)
Happy Birthday Nate!!

Brandon and Jenn said...

I wish I would have remembered. Happy belated birthday! Make sure you let Nate know we think he's the man.

Robyn said...

How sweet! Sounds like a wonderful birthday!
I'm so sorry I missed your shower. My boy had his final basketball game. I do have a gift for you! I better come bring it before you have her!