Thursday, January 24, 2008

Iowa Sucks!


Not everything about Iowa is bad, but for the last week it has been freezing cold. When I left my apartment this morning at 5:30am it was -12 degrees. And with the lovely windchill the temp. came in at a miserable
-23 degrees. I think we are supposed to get up to a high of 10 degrees today. By the weekend it is supposed to finally be above freezing.


Here is a little bit of random trivia for you...the coldest tempurature that has ever been recorded in a place that is inhabited by human beings is -90.4 degrees. It was somewhere in Russia. The coldest tempurature that has ever been recorded in the United States is somewhere around -70 degrees. And that was somewhere in Montana. Which is one of the many reasons we will never live in Montana (sorry Kevin and Marianne).

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Amen to this post!! I was sooo cold this morning, I couldn't get out of bed, my mind didn't even acknowledge the fact that I was running WAY LATE!!!

Oh bless us all in this cold weather!! Good thing I'm eating lots to give myself more bodyfat!! haha.

Anonymous said...

BLACK TOP THE WHOLE STATE AND MAKE IT A SUPER WALMART.