Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oh Baby!!!

I already broke the news on fb so I know most of you already know that baby #3 is well on HIS way.  It's true we are having a boy:)  I have become so accustomed to the girly world of princesses, dolls, make-up and painting nails I am not sure I know how to raise a boy.  Ready or not it is happening and I couldn't be more excited about it. 

Truth be told this baby was completely unplanned.  We wanted another baby but had finally compromised on waiting another year.  I guess that is what happens when you try to plan your life:)

This pregnancy has been the hardest one yet.  Around week 7 the sickness set in and I pretty much never left the couch...except to go visit the bathroom.  And on occasion to feed my poor children who had resorted to eating gold fish cracker crumbs they found on the floor or hidden in the couch.  I cried and cried and cried wondering how in the world I was going to survive.  One day after Cambri had been told by Nate that she needed to help me clean the house because Mom was sick she replied, "Ya cause mom has been sick for like 100 days."  My favorite line to date:).  Luckily by week 16 I started to find relief and could function without crying.  I feel bad even complaining because although it was a long two months I know some women are sick up until they deliver.  If you are one of those lucky women, I admire you more than you will ever know. At 18 weeks I feel good 80% of the time and you will hear no complaining from me anymore.  

The ultrasound was last Thursday.  Nate was unable to attend the appointment because of work so I had the ultrasound tech take a picture and put the results in an envelope.  I walked out of my appointment at 11:30am with an unsealed envelope in hand.  I wanted to peak oh so bad!  I threw the envelope in the glove box before my curiosity got the best of me.  Problem was I didn't know when Nate would be getting home that day.  He was in surgery so I wasn't able to get a hold of him either.  Lucky for me it wasn't too late when Nate walked in the door at 5pm.  I wasted no time pulling the envelope out and handing it to him.  To my disbelief he told me he wasn't sure he wanted to find out anymore.  I love surprises but there was no way after having proof in my possession for over 5 hours that I was going to be able to not find out.  He was rather serious though and wouldn't let me have the envelope.  I begged and pleaded for the next 30 minutes when he finally caved.  Once finding out baby was a boy he was pretty excited and proud.  He is ready for a little more testosterone in the house:). 

Baby should makes his arrival just before Thanksgiving.  Loving on a new baby seems like a rather perfect way to spend our Thanksgiving holiday.   

I just remembered another funny conversation compliments of Cambri...

After driving past a cemetery and asking who was buried there-
Me: Just people who have died.
Cam: When is Sadie going to die?
Me: I hope not for a long time.
Cam: It's okay mom we will have a new baby when Sadie dies.
Me: But I will miss Sadie
Cam: It's okay mom she will come back one day when she is resurrected.

Love her even when she is a little stinker.


3 comments:

Jen and Ty said...

I am so excited for you Tucky! I wish we lived closer so my boys could play with your girls and my baby girl could someday play with your baby boy. I am so sorry your third pregnancy has been your roughest...I was the same way and I felt like it was just a sign of things to come. It is pretty crazy with three! You are amazing and I miss you! We will need to catch up soon.

sarita said...

Hooray! What great news! I love little boys and so will you!

Nikki said...

You already know how excited I am for you, but I couldn't help, but comment on Cams. She is hilarious... a stinker, but hilarious.