Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Having a 4 Year Old Around the House is Fun...

My little Cam makes life exciting each and every day. Turning 4 years old has been magical for her. For some reason turning 4 has made her feel like a really big girl. Up to this point Cam has been a very timid and shy girl, but suddenly she has let go of so many of her fears. Everyday she tries new things that once scared her to death. It has been really fun to watch her come out of her shell. I am super proud of her and so grateful that I get to be her mom.

I think one of my favorite things about her is her curious little mind. We have no doubt entered into the stage of 4,000 questions all day every day. A few of my favorites to date-

1. In reference to baby brother "How did the baby get in your belly?" I am still trying to find an answer to appease her curiosity.

2. "How does the baby get out of your belly?" I decided to be honest with her on this one.

Even though I love my little 4 year old she also has a way of pushing my buttons like no one else can. I think it is fair to say it is because she is a mini version of myself. We get along in so many ways but oh we can drive each other nuts. I do love her!

And a few more fun facts that make me smile-
1. She puts her shoes on the wrong feet EVERY single time. I think she prefers it this way.
2. Despite the mass amounts of cute clothes in her closet she will only wear 4 of her shirts, all of which are hand me downs.
3. She wears a skirt 95% of the time.
4. She prefers to wear her hair down with a headband. She rarely keeps the headband in and her bangs are always in her eyes so it drives me crazy. Sometimes I can talk her into pigtails but she doesn't like me to put her hair up on top of her head because she thinks it makes her look like a lion. 5. She still sleeps with her books.
6. She loves her music loud.
7. Ballet and gymnastics are her thing.
8. Loves giving and receiving pedicures and manicures.
9. Wants a treat after every meal.
10. Can be bribed very easily.
11. Licks the frosting off and leaves the cake behind.
12. Needs a rag at every meal to make sure her hands stay clean.
13. Can down a whole pint a blueberries in a matter a seconds.

Favorite food- Yogurt
Favorite color- Pink
Favorite Movie- Rapunzel
Favorite thing to do with mommy- Paint
Favorite thing to do with daddy- Cuddle
What she wants to be when she grows up- A Mommy
Favorite song- Questing Questing Questing (From Backyardigans) It is mandatory that we listen to this song loud and proud.
Favorite treat- Cookies


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Seriously, I want to squeeze her! Mystery solved: The reason I love her so much is that she's just like you! What's not to love?!? :)

Billy and Nathalie said...

She's so grown-up... It's kinda bitter-sweet... I think it's cute that her favorite thing to do with daddy is cuddle. She's adorable!
www.nbeeston.blogspot.com