Friday, April 13, 2012

Bring on the 30s!

This post is long over due, but lately that is the way life has been happening. I was asked the other day by a client at the gym why it seems I am always rushing into work. It really doesn't matter what time of day we have to be somewhere...we are always rushing in at the last minute.

Anyway....


Welcome to my funeral...a little gathering to remember my youth if you will. Above is a table full of memories from my past. Plus a few gifts to help me enter into old age.


I turned the big 3-0 on March 1st. I was actually ready and excited about the whole idea. I think turning 29 was harder. By the time 30 rolled around I was over it. Nate on the other hand wanted to make sure that I felt as old as dirt:) He must remember that his big day is only months away.

The whole shindig was a surprise party for me. I thought we were going out to dinner and then coming back to have cake and ice cream. About and hour before the whole thing went down I started to get a little suspicious. There were a few details that just weren't lining up right. But I had no idea all that was in store for me.

Nate had gathered a bunch of friends to help us celebrate. Each of them came bearing gifts for the old lady of the hour. I scored a ton of diapers, Ensure and denture cream.



Here I am listening to Nate give a eulogy to my youth which included reading a poem I wrote when I was in 4th grade...awesome.


And of course the big cake reveal. Isn't my husband so sweet:)


Getting dressed in all black should have given me a clue. Nate told me I should wear a nice dress so we could go out to eat in style. I refused because dinner was suppose to be quick and I didn't want to change my clothes. I have the right to be stubborn on my birthday right?

Thank you to all my friends who helped put this together. Apparently the planning started weeks before and no one spilled the beans.


A special thanks to my hubby. I know he put a lot of thought into this party. Love you buddy!

I am excited to see what the next 30 years of my life have in store for me!

3 comments:

sarita said...

I remember about a week before I turned 30 when we lived in Des Moines, Ryan and I were on a walk with our kids. He pointed out the Retirement home and asked, "That would be a great place to have your birthday party, don't you think?"

You don't have to give up your youth, Megan! 30 is still young!!! And you will love your thirties---I think it gets much easier to feel comfortable in your own skin...Happy belated birthday!

Cassie said...

Wait where is the cake??? That is what I want to see, you guys are always creative. Wish we could have come!!!

Billy and Nathalie said...

Haha! This post cracked me up, with the cake and the Memories from your past. Megan, you may be 30, but you still look like at hot 20 year old!