Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rainy Days and Cookies...

It rained all day, and not just a little bit. Weather man even reported that we have reached a new rainfall record this year. Our lawn has never been so lush and green. I had no motivation to pack me and the girls out in the rain so we stayed home all day after hitting up the gym this morning. It was kind of nice. For entertainment the Cam Bam and I made cookies while Sadie was napping. Rainy days and cookies are the perfect combo don't you think?


This girl sure thought it was a great idea...

We were going to make Halloween sugar cookies but I was out of sour cream so we opted for the good old fashion chocolate chip cookie. I tried a new recipe that was supposed to be the best ever cookie in the world. They were good...not the best ever. I will be sticking with my old recipes although the dough for this cookie was delightful.


I think this picture says it all...


Oh how I wish I could enjoy such simple pleasures like this girl does.


I was scooping the dough out onto the cookie sheet while Cambri was devouring the dough.
With dough covering every inch of her face she said, "Mommy this is my favorite part!"


I then asked her if her belly was getting sick from eating too much cookie dough. Her sweet response, "No my belly is loving this!"


Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E this girl!


5 comments:

Cassie said...

We need you guys to come up here for a playdate, hallie would be in heaven!!!

Nikki said...

A girl after my own heart! I love her so much. And the cookie recipe that I have of yours (is it your aunt's or maybe your mom's?) is the best ever. Don't stray from that. :)

Maggie said...

Yummy. I'm impressed that you have her dressed so cute on a day you were staying home all day. I think we all look like orphans when we stay home all day:)

Wish we could enjoy some cookies with you.

Diana Caffee said...

Cambri is my kind of girl! I tried a recipe from pinterest that was supposed to be the best choc chip cookie ever and I felt the same way as you. Wonder if it was the same one :)

Angela and Jim said...

So cute. I love her comment about her tummy loving it