Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Day at the Beach...

We have been lucky to have Nate around for the last few weekends. Saturdays are so much better when I am not flying solo. For one thing I was super productive...taught kickboxing at the YMCA, mowed the lawn, ran to Walmart, Lowe's, and the grocery store, painted Sadie's room, played volleyball and had a bbq with some of Nate's buddies from work, played at the beach, and kind of cleaned the house (just enough to make it look like a bomb didn't go off in the middle of the kitchen). I went to bed exhausted but it felt good to check so many things off my list (if only I wouldn't have received a wake up call every hour or two from the teething babe I would have slept like a rock).

The beach was probably the highlight of the day. Cambri doesn't usually enjoy the beach much...doesn't like to get sand on her hands and feet. We bought a pair of swim shoes from Walmart on the way to the beach and they worked some magic. This girl of mine was loving the sand and water. Best $5 spent...ever! I just wish our summer days weren't coming to an end so we could enjoy more days like this.









It is rare that I can get Cambri to smile and look at the camera at the same time. But she will make a silly face for you with no complaints. I will take what I can get.

No comments: