Thursday, April 15, 2010

You will need sound or the video won't make sense...









It is true, I finally talked Nate into having another baby!
I think I have been begging him since Cambri was 9 months old.



Baby will be sometime in October. I am avoiding giving myself an actual due date because last time I became so fixed on having baby by the due date that I became very discouraged when the date came and went and I was still hugely pregnant. So as long as baby enters this world sometime in October (preferably the first half) I will be happy.



October is a busy month for us above and beyond having a baby so things will be kind of crazy around here. For those outside the med school world this might not make sense, but I will try... This summer Nate will be doing his rotations for med school at different residency programs. It will be kind of like a working interview, with the hopes of getting a spot in the program. We thought he would be done with all of the rotations by October. But it looks like he will be gone through November. Luckily his Oct. and Nov. rotations will be in Ohio so he will at least be within driving distance, but we are hoping the docs he is working with at the time will be kind enough to let him have a day off work so he can make it to the delivery of his child. And then we hope he can make it in time to the hospital. Since these rotations are Nate's chance to prove himself worthy of a spot in the program we really are at the mercy of the doctors. We are grateful for family that will be coming out to help both before and after baby comes.
We will see how many belly pictures I post this time. I am already much bigger than I was at this point in the pregnancy with Cambri. I am afraid of what is to come! I have had enough people tell me they were curious if I was pregnant or not so I know I am already showing. It looks more like a beer belly to me.
We are very excited to welcome a new baby into our family. Cambri LOVES (that is an understatement) babies. Both real and pretend. She is always wrapping her dolls in blankets and giving them kisses all day. She will be a wonderful big sister.

23 comments:

sam and brittney said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!! Ahhh!! I hope Nate can make it to the delievery of your baby! How have you been feeling? Love the video!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family. I hope you've been feeling well and that Nate will be able to make it!!

The Morton's said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so glad its out!!! And I am so glad your pregnant!!!!!!! Hopefully baby # 3 won't be as hard to convince Nate. I don't know why it was so hard in the first place, he LOVES Cambri, so why not add a bunch more kids to love?
Anyway, so happy for you guys!

Ashley said...

SOOO Excited for y'all - seriously such fun news!! I hope you're feeling awesome, and I had no clue when I saw you in March girl - ;). Way to finally convince Nate to bring more darling little Cambri's in the world (or boy versions..;)

We still want to meet up in the next few weekends or so - so let us know if y'all are still feeling up to it or not. I'll call ya or shoot you an email!!

Love & Miss y'all,
Ash & Log (& Gavin too)

MBurt said...

Congrats again. I want to come out and help... i'd probably have to bring my kids though so that might not be much help. You'll love two kids, your heart just grows. When do you find out the gender? Hope you are feeling good!

Bekah said...

Hurray! Congrats!

Natalie said...

Congrats Megan! I am so excited for you to welcome this new little person into your family! I'll be looking forward to more updates about this little one!

Erica said...

Congrats!! Cambri will be such a cute big sister, and so helpful! You don't look like you have a beer belly, just a cute little pregnant one!

Kari said...

Yay! Congratulations! The fall of 4th year can definitely get hectic, but it sounds like you've got it worked out as well as can be! Good luck with all of it!!

Cassie said...

awesome news guys! I also am a little apprehensive as to what to expect this fall. I want it overwith already. Our baby girl gets here at the end of June and then Mitch is off doing audition rotations. He will be taking 2 weeks off when she is two weeks old to help me out a little. I don't think there is ever a GREAT time to have a baby during med school so we just have to make the most of it. I am so happy for you guys! What is Nate thinking as far as specialty and where does he have his audition rotations set up at?

Jen and Ty said...

I am so excited for you Tucky! Having two has been so much more fun and less stressful than I thought and I know it will be the same for you. I can't wait to hear if it is a boy are girl! It sounds like Cambri is very ready and I bet she will be a great big sister too. Yay!

Matt and Erin said...

Congratulations! Way to convince Nate! You will be an awesome mama of two. Hope you're feeling well.

Melissa Chorba said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

Billy and Nathalie said...

MEGAN!!! Congratulations! You finally talked Nate into it! Way to go! I am so excited for you, guys! And I'm excited to meet little baby Rencher for graduation, hopefully =)

Maggie said...

Congrats again!! That is really so exciting. Hope you guys are doing well.

The Robinson Bunch said...

awww Congratualtions! Megan that is so exciting! two little babes running around is so wonderful! you will do great! hope you are feeling good! congrats again!...Tiffany

sarita said...

I know I already congratulated you on facebook, but I am just so happy for you! Babies are such a blessing and you will love seeing your kids interact together. And I can't wait to see belly pics! Seriously, pregnancy doesn't look better than it does on you!

Lyndzee said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. Sometime in October is a good time, except you will have to go through the whole summer. I guess you will have to take Camri swimming a lot to keep cool. Our babies won't be to far apart. Yeah!

jared and amy said...

Yipeeee for more babies, especially the cute ones you guys make. Make sure to post lots of pictures of the belly, always fun to see. You would love it here in San Diego and I could really use a exercise buddy (this wild wheelchair man of mine is a bit of a slow poke). If you ever get a chance to do something crazy like live anywhere you want for a few months san diego is the best. We will try to push some of our perfect weather your way. Take care.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

That is such exciting news! COngratulatiosn cant wait to hear more. Keep belly shots and infor coming!

liz said...

hey megan! it's liz! so first off congrats on the new baby news , that's so exciting!!! i am not sure if you know this but i work american express now. how funny is that ? when i may interview in august, becky asked me if i happen to know you and i was like yeah we both did our internship together. small world. so how are you doing? are you still teaching? i checked out your personal challenge blog, looks great! i have my own company, pojofitness. my blog is pojofitness.blogspot.com .. i made a pilates dvd and am in the process of making over my blog so that i will actually blog daily. funny because i want to start doing online training as well.

our other blog is robandlizjones.blogspot.com. anyways, hope you are doing good! i am so happy i found you!!!

ali tomney said...

megan yay, we are so happy for you guys!!! we got the email about it, but it was sent from darin so i didnt have your adress!!! congratulations, cant wait to see you guys this summer!!

Becky said...

Hooray! I am glad your persuasiveness and persistance finally paid off! :) You are a fabulous mom--you should have a ton of kids because you enjoy it so much. If only I had that attitude all the time. . . I am happy for you guys!