Sunday, November 22, 2009

No Place Like Home...

Ever since I graduated from high school I haven't lived in one city for more than 2 years. Most of my moves have taken me to a different state. I can now claim to have resided in Utah, Idaho, Hawaii, New York, Connecticut, Iowa and Ohio. This is pretty big for a small town girl who grew up in the same town, same house her whole life. In a year and a half my little family will pack up and move again. That place is yet to be decided. Out of all the places I imagined living I never would have thought that I would consider Des Moines, Iowa one of my homes. The saying is true "Home is were your heart is".
Cambri and I took a quick trip back to Des Moines to visit friends last week. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see friends. I know it has only been just over 4 months since we moved from there, but the friends I have there are near and dear to my heart. And I needed to see them and enjoy a little girl time.
We traveled by train. Honestly being on the train wasn't bad, just long. We left Sandusky at 4:55am and got into Des Moines around 9pm. I was definitely done with the train ride by the time we made our way back to Ohio.
I was able to teach some exercise classes at the gym I use to work at while in Des Moines to pay for my travels. I think I might have even made a little extra. Or maybe I already spent those extra dollars on some cute clothes for Cambri:). It was fun to be back in my old stomping grounds.
I already miss everyone.
If I could have a super hero power I would choose to be able to teleport so that I could be anywhere I wanted. And with this power I would teleport all my friends and family to a nice warm,beautiful island. And next we would make a stop in Italy. Until that happens my travels will continue to take me to Des Moines, Iowa.
Thanks Friends, I love you!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for coming... I needed it too. I'm glad DesMo still feels like one of your homes. I am already trying to figure out when the next reunion can be. Thanks for being my forever friend. I love you.

Nikki said...

P.S. Sad that we didn't take any pictures.