Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend Fun (and other updates)...

We have been a bit sick in our home this last week and finally we seem to be on the mend. Nate is pretty sure he had the swine flu. He was never diagnosed but his symptoms matched up and right now he is on his pediatric rotation so he spent all day everyday around little kiddos with the flu. I am so glad he doesn't want to be a pediatrician because I don't think I could handle him bringing home all the germs.

Now that we all seem to be feeling better I will try to catch up on a few things...
Little Cambri has become quite the 'cheeser'. It is still quite the challenge to get her smile on camera but occasionally she holds still long enough for me to get the perfect picture. I think we caught her giggling in this picture. Her laugh makes everything better.


Here is our pink princess. Most of the time she pulls her headband off and takes her shoes off but here she wanted them on. Even though we were closing up shop and going to bed. This is also her favorite place to watch tv...two inces away from the screen.

I know I am biased, but pretty sure she was the cutest kid at the Halloween party. She kicks and screams when I put this costume on her, but once we get it on she embraces it. (We seem to be encountering a lot of those power struggles these days.) Cam really got into the trick or treating. She loved putting all the candy in her pumpkin and she made sure to say "thank you" to everyone who gave her candy.

She won't ride in her big girl stroller to save my life, but she wanted to be pushed around in her baby stroller with ALL her "babies" all day long.
And finally our weekend update...We went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. We didn't exactly pick the best day to go. In fact the weather was miserable...cold, wet and windy. And we got lost on the way there thanks to faulty mapquest directions (it had nothing to do with navigator error:). We are definitely getting a GPS for Christmas). Somehow it didn't phase this little one. She loved everything about it. She especially love the horse drawn hayride and petting zoo. I feel like she is growing up so fast but pictures like this one remind me how small she still is. At least compared to her daddy.
A little action shot for you. She got a little muddy from this fall. Notice how dad is just standing there watching.

It was a cold day but we still shared a pumpkin ice cream cone. It was delicious. (I truly have an obsession with pumpkin right now. I crave it constantly. I have a new cookie recipe with pumpkin that I will share later. You have to try it.)

Ok so this was pretty much a chance for me to journal a few Cambri updates. Thanks for indulging me. Here is to a healthier week!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute, I think she looks alot like you. I am glad you are feeling better. I have the same power struggles with my little one. They seem to get worse the older they get, but they are so stinkin cute they are easy to forgive.

Lyndzee said...

Hi Meg. This is Lyndzee, I left the last comment, but I am new at this so it showed up anonymous. Sorry. Anyway I have a blog now but it is private so I will email you and invite you.

Mark and Aupreille said...

That is such a cute costume, I don't think you are biased she likely was the cutest kid at the Halloween party.

Melissa Chorba said...

She is so cute! It looks like you went to Burnham's for the pumpkin patch? Love that place!!

Billy and Nathalie said...

I love reading your blog and seeing how fast Cambri grows and changes.
Her costume is adorable and I have no doubt she was the cutest kid at the party!

Nikki said...

If you're biased, I am too. They don't make ladybugs cuter then Cams. She says "thank you" now? She is growing TOO FAST!

kdance said...

Oh my gosh, that costume is so cute! She's such a doll!!

The Morton's said...

She is the cutest little lady big I ever did see!!!! I did a post in July about the size comparison, isn't it so funny when they stand next to grown men? It doesn't even look like they could be human they are so tiny.