Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today I Am Grateful...

On Monday my dad had to go in for a biopsy on his prostate after having some questionable bloodwork results. I know it is only Thursday but the last few days have felt like an eternity as we have awaited the phone call from the doctor. Everydy that passed I wondered if it was good or bad that we hadn't heard back yet, or if it meant anything at all. Of course the night time was always when the worries started flooding in. My mind was full of so many "what ifs". Honestly I felt numb anytime I started to think that my dad could have cancer...I have to even say the word. I hate cancer. My dad means the world to me. Plus Cams needs her Grandpa.

But everything is going to be okay. And that is why I am grateful today. Because the biopsy came back negative. What a relief. I can breathe a little easier. All my fears can be calmed. At least for right now. I know tomorrow may pose its own struggles and trials, but today...today is a good day.

And tonight...tonight my prayers will be a little more sincere. My heart will be a little softer. And my desires a little more pure. So that tomorrow I can try to live with no regretts. Because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm glad everything is good! I've never met your dad, but know I'd like him after all the good things you've said. I love you, friend!

Billy and Nathalie said...

I'm glad everything is good, too! Those things can be really scary!

Wayman Adventures said...

oh megs!!! I am so glad that everything is okay. I think when we loose our moms our dads become that more special!! If it makes you feel better I hate cancer too!!! It is amazing how that simple word can change our lives. Thank heaven that the biopsy was negative. I hope you can smile and breathe a little more. Thanks for sharing, sometimes I need a little reminder of how lucky I am.

Cassie said...

Megan I am so happy everything went okay. I for one know how stressful it can be to await a prognosis. My dad had to have a stint put into his artery on his heart and they said the risk that he would have a heart attack during the procedure was heightened but if he didn't get the stint he would have a heart attack. I am a big daddy's girl so I know how you must have felt while waiting! Glad everything is okay!

The Morton's said...

I know exactly how you feel, thankfully everything turned out ok. Cancer is such a scary word I agree with you there.

M and M said...

Oh Meg! I am so GLAD everything is okay. I have so many sweet memories with you and your dad. Give him my best and just know that I am thinking of you!

Angela and Jim said...

I'm so glad everything is okay. Jim's dad had prostate cancer last year. It was scary. He's doing okay now with it but he keeps having more health problems come up. It's so true you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I am so glad the results came back good, that is scary. Great post to remind me you never know what is going to happen so enjoy it now.

Jen and Ty said...

I am glad to hear that everything has turned out ok, but so sorry you had to go through a scare like that. I hope you are doing well! I miss you and hate that our Utah visits have not had better timing. I have been going to step classes 4x a week (it is the only thing that keeps me moving when pregnant) and I always think about you when I am there. Aerobics instructors (and friends) like you don't come along very often. I hope we will get to talk and catch up soon! Love you!