Sunday, September 25, 2011

I am proud to report...

...we finally broke down and got internet and cable installed this last weekend. Nate and I both have smart phones so we thought we would cut back on expenses and do without wireless and tv. We survived 3 months before deciding that we "needed" both of them:). I am excited because blogging on my phone was a pain in the rear. I also keep a personal blog that is my journal and it has been neglected even more than this blog. I am looking forward to getting both blogs up and running again.

Other exciting news-


1. The house is finally getting some major attention and many projects are soon going to be finished!!! The goal is to have the major stuff done within the next two weeks. I can't wait. It stresses me out to have so many projects hanging over my head. Here are 2 sneak peaks at what the house looks like currently, but won't look like in the near future...


I actually have all the trim on these windows painted already. It brightens up the room so much. Painting trim is about as fun as hitting your head against the wall. But the outcome is oh so worth it. I am even more excited about getting some cute roman shades on these babies.


Here you see our lovely family room complete with blue carpet. Oh how this blue carpet has been such a creative block for me. I don't love the color of the fireplace either so it has been challenging for me to figure a way to design around both of these things. The sofa table that you can see is currently being sanded and painted. It is going to look awesome. There is also an end table that you can't see that is being painted the same color as the sofa table. I took the lamps back and have gone a different direction. Marshall's probably hates me because I buy and return things almost daily. I have big plans for the the big wall above the couch. I finally figured out what I want to put there. Stay tuned for the final reveal in a couple weeks.


2. This girl...



...is cute. She is still loving school and I am loving the few hours I have to clean and run errands with just one baby. She also says the best prayers. At least one Disney princess gets lots of requests for blessings each night. It is usually Snow White. Sometimes Minnie Mouse and Lightning McQueen get blessed too.


3. And Sadie...


...has turned into a monster child. I absolutely adore this baby but we have officially entered the stage of tantrums. When she wants something she is tenatious and she will find a way to get it. Luckily she has also learned how to give the best hugs and knows how to melt her momma's heart.


Time for me to go to bed.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I have to agree about your painting trim comment, we(mostly I) have painted almost all the trim in our house and hated every minute of it, but so worth it!! You have such cute girls, glad you all are doing well!!