Sunday, March 6, 2011

Unveiling of the birthday cake!






Nate made a cake this year to represent the new home we hope to be buying in the next few months. He had very limited time to put it together so I was very impressed with the outcome. I do need to thank my sis-in-law cause she did a lot of the work too. On a side note- House hunting btw is soooooooo stressful, especially when you don't know the area at all. We have been to Massillon before but for a very short time and we only saw a tiny bit of it. But somewhere out there our first home is waiting for us and I can't wait to find it!

My Bday was last Monday. Thank you everyone for the bday wishes. I felt very loved and was spoiled all day. I have now entered the last year of my 20s. It doesn't really bother me it just doesn't seem real. This last week was the basketball state championship game for Morgan High where I went to school. It was televised so we watched part of it and I totally felt old because the boys playing were the youngest kids of the families I babysat for when I was in middle and high school. Where did the years go?

I also feel old because I can no longer use the computer without my glasses or my eyes get irritated and blurry, my skin gets those nasty age spots when I am in the sun, not to mention the signs of wrinkles around my eyes. Can I just say I am not against botox and just may have to give it a try in the future.

The issue I do have with being 29 is not knowing what department I should shop for clothes. I feel like I should still be in the junior section, yet some outfits I know are too young for me. But the misses department doesn't have a lot that I love, and some of it feels old, nor does it fit me right. I remember making a promise to my dear friend Marinda in high school that we wouldn't be one of those people who can't seem to let go of their younger years. Sometimes I wonder if I am living up to that promise:).

The wonderful thing about being 29 is I am very happy with my life and where it has taken me. I don't know if I would have guessed back in high school that this is where I would be right now, but that is probably for the best. I am in a much better place than I thought possible. School has been long and hard and we still have a long road ahead of us, but I love my little family, and the adventures we have been able to experience together have been priceless.

3 comments:

Jen and Ty said...

Tucky-
I can't believe I missed your birthday! So sorry that I am a bad friend. I am glad you had a good one though and that Nate, as always, made you such an awesome cake. I would be in shock if Ty ever made me brownies on my birthday. I hope you are doing well and we should talk soon. I am trying to figure out when I am going to come to Salt Lake to visit my family. They are moving to Switzerland for a couple years so I am going to come to Utah to help my mom get packed up. Hopefully it will be before May when you are back in Ohio!

Oh...and I have started training to teach step and I am loving it (as intimidating as it is). Thanks for being my inspiration!

Sorry again about the missed birthday!

MBurt said...

Okay, I think you are doing fine! Either that or I am just as bad as you. Realistically I think garments keep us a bit "older" since short shorts and mini skirts and most leggings are OUT! One day we should compile a list of all the random promises we made each other. Ultimately I think you are doing great since you are one HOT mama. Good luck with the house buying. It IS stressful. At least you don't have to sell too. It's lame. We hopefully found a house and if it all works out I'll post pics. How's the no sugar P90X going? I am going to try to eat better. I've been easing into exercise. Jumping jacks and such still feel a little iffy. Like something might fall out. Kegels here I come! :) See you soon!

Maggie said...

LOL about the junior section. I told Justin my goal was to look better at 30 than I did at 20. I told him I was going to dye my hair, get a tan, and buy a bunch of 20 year old clothes (ha ha- he said "no. you're not") So silly. I do understand the fashion dilemma but I also think some of what you can get away with depends on what looks good on you.

Glad your birthday was great. What a cake!