Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Newest Addition!!!

This is rather lengthy. For those who don't care about the details you can skip down to the pictures.

Our precious baby girl made her debut at 9:04am today. She weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz. and is 20 inches long. She is healthy as can be and has a great set of lungs on her. She also came with a nice head of dark hair!!! Lets hope it doesn't all fall out. She truly is perfect and we are so happy she is here.

Timing couldn't have been more perfect. Nate is still in the middle of doing all his crazy orthopedic rotations. He has been in Cleveland just an hour and 15 minutes away for the last month, but starts a new one in Columbus (2 hours) away on Monday. Even though he is only an hour away he still isn't able to come home at night so we only see him on the weekends when he isn't on call. I wanted so badly to have this baby in time to take her home for the weekend so we could spend some family time together. To add some stress to the situation Nate's car broke down Sunday morning on his way to work. I had to go pick him up and take him the rest of the way to the hospital and wait for him to round on his patients before we called AAA to come tow our car back to Sandusky. Since Nate has to have a car for work I was left without transportation for 4 days. Since we are 30 minutes from the hospital this was a cause for concern in the case I went into labor and Nate couldn't make it back in time to get me. Because of this I had decided maybe it was best to be induced Monday the 4th so that we could have a little control over the situation. After my appointment that morning I was scheduled to go in to the hospital that night at 8:30pm. I had a slight breakdown as the reality hit me that I was having a baby that day and my days of one-on-one time with Cambri would be coming to an end. Once I had my moment of tears I decided I was ready and okay with my decision. That was until my induction was canceled due to an understaffed hospital. I was then rescheduled for the following evening...that fell through and I was pushed til Friday morning at 7am. Honestly I didn't want to be induced at all but it was more important to me to have this baby in time to have her home for the weekend. With Nate being away from us for the last 3 months I just wanted some family time. So the thought of waiting until Friday morning sent me into another breakdown. If this was the case we wouldn't get to go home until Sunday morning at the earliest.

Long story short...prayers were answered and baby came all on her own when my water broke at 2:30am today (Thursday, just one day past my due date. Better than the 4 days I went over with Cam).

I called Nate so he could start making the trek back from Cleveland to pick me up so we could make the trip to the hospital together. Contractions hadn't started yet so I took a shower and cleaned up a few dirty dishes while I waited for him.

We got to the hospital around 4 or 4:30am. At this point the contractions were getting more painful but I was still okay. My labor with Cams was 17 hours from the time my water broke so I was expecting a long day. Fortunately things couldn't have gone smoother or more perfectly. By 6:15am I was ready for the drugs. I had a few contractions that pretty much made me lose control and I knew at that point I wasn't going to go natural. I am not tough enough and honestly I am okay with that. I love me some good drugs that is for sure. It also didn't help that I was barfing like crazy. Nate was amazing at coaching me but I know he was glad I chose to get the drugs.

I got the epidural around 7:15am and baby was here by 9:04am. I couldn't believe how fast things were going. When the doc came in and said it was time to push Nate and I were shocked. I pushed about 4 times and she was here. I can't complain about a 6 1/2 hour labor from start to finish.

I love everything about the way this labor and delivery went.

I can't believe I am so lucky to be the mom of two very beautiful and amazing little girls.

I am very overwhelmed with gratitude for the many blessings that my family has been given over the last few months. It has been challenging indeed to have Nate so far away, but we have been watched over and taken care of. Even though my faith has wavered often, I know that my Heavenly Father has listened to and answered many of my prayers.

Enjoy the pics. I hope to get some more up soon.


Here is my belly in all its glory. (Chels this is for you). This was taken just 3 days before I went into labor.

My precious babies. Lets hope Nate can handle all these girls!

I don't know why this picture is turned sideways but check out that hair!!! At first I didn't think she looked much like Cam but now I see a lot of resemblance.

Cam runs from cameras so this is the best we could do.

Our little family

So far Cambri has done well with the baby. I think it helps that baby sister had a present waiting for her at the hospital when she and Grandma Rencher arrived.

More pictures to come...

22 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, I've been thinking about you- wondering how things are going and boom, she's here. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm SOO glad things worked out perfectly and Nate made it in time (whew!). I was stressed even just reading that. And yea for a short labor, and drugs! I often think, sure, natural labor, why not. And then reality hits me and I think who am I kidding? I could never do it without my friend, Mr. Epidural. You're an amazing, supportive wife and an awesome mom - how lucky Cambri & this little girl is to have you!! You look awesome! Can't wait to hear her name!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Kari said...

Aw, congratulations! SO glad everything worked out like it did. I hope you guys get to have a wonderful family weekend!! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear her name!! :)

Nikki said...

I love, love, love these pictures -- the one of the four of you is my absolute favorite. I cried when I read this -- because I'm so happy for your little family, because your girls are SO lucky to get you as their mom, because you are an awesome wife, because I'm blessed that I have you as a friend, and because He really is aware of us and everything worked out perfectly. I love you! Enjoy your family time!

Erica said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Love all that dark hair! I'm so glad things worked out for Nate to make it in time! Horrible timing for the car to break down! Enjoy your family time this weekend! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear what you decide to name her!

sam and brittney said...

CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful!!! I am soo glad that everything went smooth with Nate making it from his roation and your delivery! Can't wait to hear her name! Miss you guys!

Leanne said...

CONGRATS! She is darling! All of you are, what a cute little family full of girls (and Nate!) I'm so glad everything went well, especially with the rotations and broken down car etc... sounds like things worked out perfectly! Wish we could be there to meet her, maybe we'll have to take a little road trip someday and say hello!

The Morton's said...

You look amazing. My after birth pics will NEVER be shown to anyone, in fact I might just delete them. And you looked fantastic 9 months prego.
That little baby of yours is so so beautiful! I am so glad everything went just the way you hoped for and I am so excited Baby R has joined the world. I can't wait to meet her one day!

Diana said...

Yay Megs! I am so happy for you guys and thank goodness everything went so smoothly. Your family is adorable, and you look amazingly gorgeous! Congratulations, I wish we could live closer so our babies could be friends. I love you, take care of yourself and those sweet baby girls.

Cassie said...

congrats guys! She is absolutely beautiful!!! Gorgeous girls for sure. You look great too by the way! The second time around is so much beter huh?!

Bekah said...

HURRAY and CONGRATS! She is beautiful and I'm so glad everything went well. I can't wait to hear her name as well! So happy for you and love you lots!

Natali Jolley said...

Oh My! She is perfect. Congrats to all of you. Good luck. You look beautiful and so does your family.

MBurt said...

There is no denying the Lord's hand in that whole week long episode. I'm so glad the timing worked out and Nate was there. I'm with you, forget going natural, I'll be a better person in the long run with drugs. :) She really is beautiful and that hair is amazing. You look great. I love that you look like you have a basketball in your shirt. Enjoy your time together and let me know how I can do anything for you, even from a distance. Much love, Rin

Maggie said...

I love that you look like a model in your post delivery pictures. You're so cute. I also love your 9 months pregnant picture. What a beautiful baby and I'm so glad that she knew just when to come!!! Congrats to all of you.

Erica said...

Congrats on the new precious baby! Everyone looks great! Hopefully the transition for everyone goes well! (this is Erica, Landon's wife)

Kelly said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful little family. It sounds like things really went so smooth and perfect. I'm so excited for you all.

Matt and Erin said...

Congrats! What a cute family you have! And you look AMAZING pre and post delivering a baby. Have you decided on a name?!?

M and M said...

Meg! She is beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your sweet family. You are amazing!

S-T.E.C.H. said...

Congrats! I love her already and can't wait to meet her! LOVE little nieces!!!

Jen and Ty said...

Tucky! I am so happy for you and your sweet baby girl. I am so glad everything went so well and I hope you are continuing to feel well. She is beautiful and I am just so happy for your sweet family!
I miss you!

Billy and Nathalie said...

You are one tough chick, drugs or no drugs! You are an amazing mom and wife, (and I hope Nate can handle all the girls, too!), and you have the cutest family EVER! I miss you all!

Lyndzee said...

congratulations I am glad everything went well. she is beautiful! Don't worry I am all for the drugs too. why not? It makes labor so much easier.

Brandon and Jenn said...

Hadley is adorable. I'm so glad that you're both healthy. Don't be ashamed of the epidural. No one is ashamed of the novicaine when they have a root canal and labor is much longer and more painful than dental work! Congrats to your fam. Wish we lived closer...